Post Thanks / Like

How do I Price out Services.

Hey guys, I have worked at detail shops only on the cleaning side of things. Never had to deal with making up prices. They were already made of course. Now that I am on my own, now I`m not sure on how to price out jobs. YOu know how it is . Don`t want to over price and run people off and you don`t want to under price and sell yourself short and lose easy money. I have packages that I price around others in surrounding towns. But when someone orders a la cart my mind starts raceing. Like just a carpet shampoo or a engine cleaned. Do ya`ll price by the time it takes to do the job or just by experience. All info would be helpful.

Jchaz
    Chastain Car Care

Mod Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How do I Price out Services.

Hi there.

Where are you located. I saw a Chastain out side of Atlanta today.

Anyway how I figured prices. I guesstimated the average time to perform each type of service on different size vehicles. I charge what I feel I should make per hour and multiple that by the number of hours estimated for the job. I then add $10-15 extra to help pay for chemicals rather than take that out of the hourly. I then quote my price based on size of vehicle. Compact, mid size, SUV, and Quad cab or large Ute. My flyer has all the prices up front. To me that gives me better leverage to ask my price since it is written down and not pulled out of thin air. Consistency is the key. Of course I have in writing that prices are based on size and condition of vehicle and severe conditions may incur additional charges. I haven`t up charged for condition yet.

For a la cart... This is a bit tougher. Why would someone pay $40 for interior only when the whole detail is $100. Well first I have the chemicals and extractor. Most places don`t have the proper tools. Plus it costs money in two ways. 1 set up time and 2 time that could have been spent on a full detail. A la cart has to be worth your time or you`ll lose money. But not overpriced. So I base the a la cart by a time estimate plus $$ for chemicals.

It might not be the best system but that`s why I`m here, to learn the right way to do business.

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How do I Price out Services.

Thanks scrubs. I am on the Georgia, Tennesse, and North Carolina line. Straight up 575. Thanks for your insight. I also made up a flyer with packages with the prices . You `re right , it helps. I guess I will learn plus I`ll keep my eyes and ears open for my competitors.
    May your work days be sunny and busy!

Jchaz
    Chastain Car Care.

Thread Information