- Hey, U Missed A Spot - CleanFreak's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking For A Mentor...

Greetings,

I am looking for an established mobile detailer to be a mentor. I have detailed vehicles for 8 years at a detail shop but left last year to work for a Aluminum Casting company. My passion for detailing has never stopped. With 12 hr shifts, I`m able to detail on the side. Now I might be facing layoff very soon. I want to take mobile detailing for surriously. My budget is limited. I have almost everything. But, my set back is I can only use a customers water source and electricity. In the future I will pick up a small generator and water tank. But for now, I can get away with what I have.

I just need alittle help in marketing and taxes. I have flyers and bussiness cards but would like others ways of catching attention. I know word of mouth is great but I am still starting out.

Any help would be appreciated...

You down with UPP?
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am in the same situation as you. I work 3 12`s at a pharmaceutical plant and detail during the week. I detail at my house; a pick-up and delivery service if you will....so amybe we can share info as we get it from different sources. Right now I detail everyones cars within my network of people and at the plant that I work at but I am having difficulty expanding beyond that. I feel your pain but everyone here is great, and with their knoledge and guidence, hopefully our businesses will take off!
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC)

Post Thanks / Like
    We are all in the same boat per-say. What I have done is go to golf course`s and asked the manager is I could set some flyers at the desk which was no big deal to them. Next is that I hang out in the parking lot and look for the cars that I want to clean.
    What I have found is you need to go to the business and ask for it. Most everyone that I have talked to can see that I am serious about what I do and having my black BMW with me I can show them my work. I also take pics of al the cars that I clean some before and after I have those in a profilo so they can see that I have worked on some high end and lower end cars. I also have two testimonials from customers and references if needed.
    The other way is that I joined a referral group, we meet every Wednesday AM and exchange leads, it comprises, doctors, lawyers, sales people of all kinds, house cleaners,etc. Its been a great way to get into allot of networks.

If I find a day that I do not have a car I go marketing my service, its the only way that I know to get myself out there.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Thread Information