Post Thanks / Like

how to make 50/50 iso

Hi guys,

Those alcohol thing...are you guys referring to the rubbing alcohol on firt aids section on your local phamarcy? That cost like 1.25??
    I want to make som 50/50 ISO..I wanted to make sure thats what Im looking for.

thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: how to make 50/50 iso

yea dude. thats it. put in half of that with water and u`re set. just becareful. it does make removing left over polish easier but makes application and removal of the next product harder, since it dries out the paint...

Post Thanks / Like

Okay thanks, so, this works just the same as Dawn huh?
    I dont use Dawn btw.

Post Thanks / Like

im assuming u`re just comparing the effects of the use of 50/50 spray for removing polish residue to the effects of washing your car with dawn. i havent dawn washed but i dont doubt that it will dry it out.

i really hope u didnt mean u washed u`re car with 50/50. that sounds torturous, let alone u wouldnt have any suds or lubricity. lol :naughty

Post Thanks / Like

When you buy that rubbing alcohol, make sure it contains only alcohol. Some contain acetone as well. Acetone is a much stronger solvent than alcohol.
    Fasten Your Seat Belt! It helps keep the aliens from sucking you out of the car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joyriide1113
    im assuming u`re just comparing the effects of the use of 50/50 spray for removing polish residue to the effects of washing your car with dawn. i havent dawn washed but i dont doubt that it will dry it out.

i really hope u didnt mean u washed u`re car with 50/50. that sounds torturous, let alone u wouldnt have any suds or lubricity. lol :naughty

Hahahaha nooo I didn`t wash my ride with 50/50 iso..that will be crazy if I did. I need to remove some residue(#83 DACP crap).

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Isopropyl alcohol (isopropanol):
    Isopropyl alcohol is a colorless liquid with a somewhat unpleasant odor. It is highly flammable and is best known as the main ingredient in rubbing alcohol, but is also present in window cleaners, toiletries, disinfectants, antifreeze, and paint remover. To complicate matters some products that contain isopropyl alcohol also contain methanol, ethanol, or ethylene glycol.

Isopropyl alcohol is found in alcohol sponges, cleaning agents, and rubbing alcohol (though some rubbing alcohols contain ethanol), and is a good disinfectant. Most rubbing alcohol contains 70% isopropyl alcohol, Isopropyl alcohol is also commonly used as a cleaner and solvent in industry (it is used for detailing vehicles diluted in various ratios with distilled water)
    JonM
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Thread Information