PDA

View Full Version : S2000 Swirl Removal

jdubb5005
02-08-2005, 04:32 PM
I have heard that S2000 paint can be a bit tricky to work with and I have the luck to detail my bosses black car before he takes it off the showroom. This seems odd as normally detailing is done the other way around, but the honda dealership I work for doesnt care too much about scratches and imperfections in the paint, if anything the cars get a glaze with fillers and they are good to go. I approached him about taking out the swirls and he agreed and now i`m here wondering if ssr2.5 with a polishing pad will be too much if i have to go there. Im thinking ssr1 with polishing might be enough but would marring occur if i had to step up to 2.5 and the polishing pad. I`m using a PC by the way. Any other products that may work better with this particular paint that i can get locally at bodyshops? Thanks for any help you guys/gals can provide.

dalmore
02-08-2005, 05:02 PM
I recently did my boss`s silver s2000 with mild swirls but mostly just dull looking paint. After trying a few things, I settled on SSR2.5 with my pc. I noticed no marring afterwards.

Take it to 9000 on the way to detail it!!
:notpossib