PDA

View Full Version : Forever Black - Awesome Product

RAG
12-24-2005, 09:16 PM
I`ve been using Forever Black (Plastic Dye) for about 6 months now. When I first got the stuff, I did a complete detail on my Sister-in-law`s Jeep Cherokee where I dyed her plastic black again (I don`t think I`ve ever seen an cherokee older than 5 years that still had black plastic). Looked a little streky at first, but I put a good dressing on it (Black Again) and it looked PERFECT. Well, it still looks perfect. Great stuff - only wish I could convince more customers to pay for this service :)

cwcad
12-24-2005, 09:28 PM
I too find that Forever Black is a good product. I have used it often. Mostly because of my intial mistakes in detailing that have come back to haunt me. Just one example is when I first started detailing I went over everything with my PC without taping trim or caring what I got polish or was on. I had quite a build up on the black trim of my vehicle before I realised what I was doing to the vehicle.

Having learned from my mistakes Forever Black is used less and less. but keep it on hand for the normal faux paus that are bound to happen.

Big Leegr
12-25-2005, 03:41 AM
Well, it still looks perfect. Great stuff - only wish I could convince more customers to pay for this service :)

Why not go to a junk yard, get a piece of plastic that`s in rough shape, "Restore" half and leave the other half alone. That way you can show the customers an "honest to goodness, real life" example. Visual proof has more impact than just talking about what results could be expected.

Bioman
12-25-2005, 05:28 AM
Why don`t you just include it in your service. It take <5min per car. Is it that hard to apply to pieces of trim?

RAG
12-26-2005, 02:43 PM
I like the sample idea...also, I just got a digital camera, so I can show before and after photos to people.

Also, I`m probably not going to add it to my price sheet, as it`s already more complicated than it should be; rather, I`ll just tell customers that need it about this service. Unfortunately, the dye is a bit tricky to lay down consistently and uniformly and requires taping off painted areas adjacent to the plastic to be dyied - it takes anywhere from 1/2 hour to 2 hours depending on a lot of variables.

Bioman - PM me, since you`re in SD, we can swap/share products or something.

Bioman
12-27-2005, 09:39 AM
Oh really? I thought it was easy to apply like Armor All. I don`t have many products, but I would be more than willing to share what I have.