PDA

View Full Version : Punta Gorda, FL???????

03BlackGTP
12-24-2005, 08:51 PM
Anyone from/know anything about Punta Gorda, FL???? North of Cape Coral and South of St. Petersburg, FL? I might be applying for a job down there and wanted some feedback.

Please email me at 20434@indygov.org and Ill shoot some questions your way.

Thanks in advance,

Ray

99se5spd
12-24-2005, 09:56 PM
weird...I was born there but only lived there the first two years of my life, i believed we moved from there in 1983. Honestly i couldnt tell you the first thing about it other than it was a very small town back then. What a small world and good luck with the job if you choose to apply.

accordmaniac
12-24-2005, 10:02 PM
It`s a good place to raise your kids. But when you`re looking for a home here be careful of hurricane damaged ones that weren`t fixed properly from Hurricane Charley. By the way if you don`t mind me asking what job are you applying for? You might get bored here but Tampa, Miami, and Orlando is only a few hours drive away. There`s not too much to say about it.

03BlackGTP
12-24-2005, 10:38 PM
It`s a good place to raise your kids. But when you`re looking for a home here be careful of hurricane damaged ones that weren`t fixed properly from Hurricane Charley. By the way if you don`t mind me asking what job are you applying for? You might get bored here but Tampa, Miami, and Orlando is only a few hours drive away. There`s not too much to say about it.

I lived in Ft. Lauderdale(I was about 13) when Hurricane Andrew came through Homestead. That was a big problem with the houses after the Hurricane.

I will be applying for the Position of Police Officer. If everything goes the way I want it to Ill be down there Feb. 1st - Feb 6th. But you know Murphys Law might have other plans.

03BlackGTP
12-24-2005, 10:42 PM
weird...I was born there but only lived there the first two years of my life, i believed we moved from there in 1983. Honestly i couldnt tell you the first thing about it other than it was a very small town back then. What a small world and good luck with the job if you choose to apply.

It is a small world. Im kinda in the same shoes as you. We lived in Ft. Lauderdale for about 5 to 6 years when I was around 13ish. Dont remember much other than the little town we lived in (Sunrise). Couldnt tell you much about other citys down south.

Thank You.

jfelbab
12-25-2005, 08:47 AM
Very low crime rate.

http://www.cityrating.com/citycrime.asp?city=Punta+Gorda&state=FL

There are still a lot of people living in FEMA trailers there waiting for their homes to be rebuilt from the damage Charlie caused a couple years ago. Several homes still have blue tarps covering the roofs.

Lots of employment opportunities there and the weather is pretty nice year round. Lots of rain in the summer (June-September) Very humid in the mornings and less so in the afternoons.

Great recreational area. Fantastic fishing, boating, swimming. Good health care. Bad traffic in the winter months November - April when the snowbirds migrate down.

All-in-all it`s a great place to live and raise a family. Just need to remember when they warn of a possible hurricane, you board up and leave.