PDA

View Full Version : Newbie and a little Confused

ShaggonWaggon
12-24-2005, 08:37 PM
OK I am planning on getting a PC within the next month or so. I also plan on buying a pad set and I realize there are several different brands, which would your recommend for a beginner weekend detailer? Also my second questions would be I think I want to try some of the Poor boy’s materials, based on end results of cars with similar colors. I have a VW Passat that is a Blue Anthracite, and a Black GTI. I really like the nice wet look from the Poor Boy’s stuff. So say I am going to use the EX-P and the Natty`s Paste Wax ( BLUE). Which pads should I use with these products? I guess what I am really after is someone to just tell me hey "do this then this then this"

Peace and thanks in advance.

Setec Astronomy
12-24-2005, 08:43 PM
You`re going to need to do some prep before you put those Pb`s products on. What kind of condition are your cars in?

imported_Neothin
12-24-2005, 08:57 PM
as setec said, we`re going to need to know what kinda shape the finish is in to give recommendations on polishes.. but for LSP`s, AIO/EXP/Natty`s Blue looks great on alot of colors.

ShaggonWaggon
12-24-2005, 09:22 PM
Both cars are brand new factory paint, think I should consider Clay Baring also?

imported_Neothin
12-24-2005, 09:32 PM
well then... that just makes everything easier. I would wash and clay (you never know what the car was exposed to on the lot, during transport, etc). afterwards apply ex-p either by hand with a foam pad or with a finishing pad on a pc on speed 3 or so. for the natty`s i would use a foam applicator by hand.

Setec Astronomy
12-24-2005, 09:33 PM
Well, then it just sounds like you will need to clay, and then use a polishing pad with a cleaner or mild polish. If you want to stick with Poorboy`s, you can use Professional Polish or SSR1, then follow with your LSP`s. As far as pad selection, the Sonus Das or Excel kits are good, here`s a kit that will get you started all in one shot: http://www.autopia-carcare.com/son-daspol-kit.html