PDA

View Full Version : RMG over AIO?

RAG
12-24-2005, 07:14 AM
RMG over AIO seems to be a popular combo before going to a topper. However, since RMG contains cleaners, doesn`t it remove many of the benefits of applying AIO (i.e. fillers, glazed look, acrylic protection, good bonding base)? Not that the aforementioned combo hurts anything, but wouldn`t it be more productive to use a didicated polish (FPII, OP, SSR) and then go to RMG before topping?

DM101
12-24-2005, 08:24 AM
I use it over AIO The cleaners in RMG don`t seeem to hurt the AIO. Good Luck.

RAG
12-24-2005, 08:35 AM
MDRX8, I know...it`s REALLY hard to tell sometimes. Sometimes when we layer 14 prodcuts on top of eachother (exageration) it`s hard to tell if the additional products/layers are actually helping. I think we have to go off of theory sometimes, caus it would be dang hard to see if RMG was "replacing" AIO rather than topping it.

I just thought of another experiment I`m going to do on my wife`s car; I`m going to apply AIO via PC on one side. I will then apply RMG via PC to half of that same side. If 4 - 6 weeks down the road both halves appear to be equally protected, then this would support the notion that RMG does not remove AIO. I`m going to apply right now...I`ll be sure to share my findings.

imported_Neothin
12-24-2005, 01:56 PM
I use both. I use AIO as a dedicated paint cleaner and then RMG strictly as a glaze.