PDA

View Full Version : Detailing Schools

shinymopar
12-23-2005, 01:15 PM
My son just completed a course for auto Detailing. I was wondering if there are any other detailing courses he could take to get more experience before he goes to get a job. He did some buffing, some compounding, no wet sanding and is still not sure what type of polish / cut to use for the job. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to everyone beforehand !

Accumulator
12-23-2005, 05:02 PM
You might look into AUTOINT (http://www.autoint.com/) . Dunno if they still offer training, but they used to have a well-regarded program. A number of Autopians went there back in the day and they all thought it was good.

Bill D
12-23-2005, 05:51 PM
Yep, I hope to possibly get myself there one day :up

pontman43
12-23-2005, 05:56 PM
Tell him to start reading threads from here. This is how I learned/learning.

C. Charles Hahn
12-23-2005, 07:28 PM
Definitely tell him to start participating on this board, and to look for others related to detailing (I don`t think I can mention specific ones due to board rules here). Autoint is another good place to check, and also I think I`d check with Meguiar`s for their pro training.

Aside from that, remember his first detailing job will likely not be much more than entry level; he`ll get on the job training. With detailing, my personal feeling is that the best way to learn, is to DO.

Larrycolorglo
12-23-2005, 07:46 PM
My son just completed a course for auto Detailing. I was wondering if there are any other detailing courses he could take to get more experience before he goes to get a job. He did some buffing, some compounding, no wet sanding and is still not sure what type of polish / cut to use for the job. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to everyone beforehand !

I know Kevin Farrel in N.J. has an excellent school and his credentials are amazing - www.kleencarauto.com

imported_mirrorfinishman
12-24-2005, 05:47 AM
My son just completed a course for auto Detailing.

What course for Auto Detailing did your son just complete?

shinymopar
12-26-2005, 11:58 AM
What course for Auto Detailing did your son just complete?

There is a Workforce Technology Center run by the state that has severla Auto related classes. That`s where he took his detailing course. It was a 12 week course but he never went on Friday, had 4 other days off and did several half-days so while his skills improved immensely, as far as I`m concerned he only got about 6-7 weeks in real time of instruction.

I`m going to look into some of the options mentioned here in hopes that he can improve his skills before getting that job to make his chances of succeeding better.