PDA

View Full Version : Help me please!!!

golfdude
12-23-2005, 08:56 AM
So, many people have purchased high performance American vehicles from the Chrysler SRT line-up. Many of their models come with an artificial suede material on the seats. Chrysler calls their material "Preferred Suede." Anyone have some additional products that would clean these seating surfaces other than water? Below is some info about the seat material.

SRT Suede

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A forum member brought up the question how to treat his SRT suede in another discussion area. Since a lot of us SRT8 snobs only check this area I thought I`d reprint my response:

SRT "Suede" is not real suede from cows but is "Preferred Suede" (which I`m sure the cows prefer). It`s a man-made product from Milliken & Company. Here`s a message I stole from another forum:

Recently I sent an e-mail inquiry to Milliken with regard to the proper care for the Preferred Suede

Seat areas of the Limited Leather Seats. The following is the word-for-word response that I received, all in caps:

WE DO NOT RECOMMEND APPLYING A FABRIC PROTECTANT TO PREFERRED SUEDE AS IT IS AN INHERENT CHARACTERISTIC.

AS FOR CLEANING, PREFERRED SUEDE IS A

100% MANMADE MICROFIBER PRODUCT SO NATURAL SUEDE PRODUCTS SHOULD BE AVOIDED.

BASIC INSTRUCTIONS ARE TO TREAT AS YOU WOULD ANY FINE FABRIC.

SPECIFIC CLEANING PROCEDURE:

BLOT EXCESS SPILLAGE USING AN ABSORBENT CLOTH.

USING WATER AND A MILD DETERGENT, CLEAN STAIN BY BLOTTING OR IN A GENTLE CIRCULAR MOTION UNTIL STAIN IS LIFTED.

RINSE SPARINGLY WITH FRESH WATER TO REMOVE ANY SOAPY RESIDUE.

ALLOW TO AIR DRY OR VACUUM EXTRACT.

AGAIN USE WATER SPARINGLY OR FOR BEST RESULTS, DRY CLEAN ACCORDING TO DIRECTIONS WITH "CAPTURE"(R) BY MILLIKEN, WHICH IS AVAILABLE AT HOME DEPOT, LOWE`S, ETC...

Remember that the Preferred Suede is already

treated with a protectant during the manufacturing process, so DO NOT APPLY ANY

FABRIC PROTECTANT such as SCOTCHGARD(R) which is not even recommended to be used on any type of Suede.

Rick

holland_patrick
12-23-2005, 12:38 PM
Xfire How is it going??? How is the egnine in the beast holding up did the dealership step up and help you out after the mistake they made.

Now four your question.

Wollite and water,

1:30 apc and water

golfdude
12-23-2005, 04:04 PM
Holland_Patrick!! I am doing pretty good. I haven`t posted at all on any of the detailing sites because college has been so time-consuming. Plus, I haven`t had any detailing customers lately. Nevertheless, the Crossfire is doing ok. When I was in college, my Dad was driving the car on the highway, and some sort of rock or pellet hit the windshield, so now there is a 3/4 of an inch crack in the windshield. The dealership put that incident in the past and has never looked back, and the same goes for my Dad. Me on the other hand, is trying to get the car under the lemon law since the NEW transmission is still giving me problems (gears grind from first to second). It will be the 3rd time in the dealership, and, I hope they screw up their repair so that the car would have to go to service a 4th time, and then I can claim the car as a lemon!

Thanks for the advice regarding the interior! Hope to see you this summer at the Poorboy`s detailing weekend, and happy holiday`s too! :up