PDA

View Full Version : Best 1-step wax/sealant for professionals

Pages : [1] 2 3

RAG
12-23-2005, 08:56 AM
I wanted to see what other professionals have found to be the best wax/sealant for use on customers` cars who pay for the "basic" detail (i,e, wash & wax).

Some of my requirements are:

1)must be easy to apply and remove

2)cannot stain plasic

3)should not have tendancy to leave white residue in cracks & crevices

4)should look good, feel slick, and last a long time

5)should have some "cleaning" properties (I`m not sure this is a valid requirement, but my thinking is that since no paint prep has been done, a pure sealant/wax may not bond as well...and sometimes there are small "spots" not completely cleaned by the wash process).

6)I suppose price should be a factor, but I seem to let this requirement slip away in trade for the other aforementioned requirements :)

I`ve been using AIO (sometimes by PC) to fill this niche. But sometimes I use a pure sealant or wax such as FMJ, AJ, Natty`s Blue, and P21S even when the paint hasn`t been prepped, but maybe I shouldn`t?

3Dog
12-23-2005, 10:35 AM
I use FK1`s #215 for one step. Has not failed me yet. This is taking into consideration that the paint is in good shape.

Pats300zx
12-23-2005, 10:36 AM
Two off of the top of my head would be:

Poorboys PWC

Megs ColorX

RAG
12-23-2005, 10:57 AM
3DOG, what would you use if the paint wasn`t in good shape? Sometimes their paint is not in good shape, yet they still only want to pay for a wash and wax.

holland_patrick
12-23-2005, 12:29 PM
I tried PB Sealant with Polish it looks great..

Bill D
12-23-2005, 12:41 PM
Those who detail for pastime as well as those who detail to keep the lights on tend to have very similar stringent standards. To that, I sent this one to be included in the main Detailing Product Discussion.

Wasatch
12-23-2005, 12:47 PM
As far as sealants go try the new Tropi-Care TC3 XP.

wannafbody
12-23-2005, 01:12 PM
As far as sealants go try the new Tropi-Care TC3 XP.

An excellent product indeed but I`m not sure I`d consider it a true one step as its non abrasive. I`d think one of the Finish Kare products or JW Prime might be a better choice for swirl removal and sealant in one.

3Dog
12-23-2005, 01:37 PM
3DOG, what would you use if the paint wasn`t in good shape? Sometimes their paint is not in good shape, yet they still only want to pay for a wash and wax.

Then it would have to be a minimum of two steps. If the paint has minor micromarring and after seeing "I" believe a one step is ok, then I will do it. If more is required then thats what I will recommend but I will not let the customer tell me to just do a one step and then complain because it is not right.

III
12-23-2005, 01:45 PM
Another vote for Poorboy`s PWC.

DrSauekraut
12-23-2005, 02:50 PM
I’m not a professional, though I’d like to give kudos to FK’s 215.

Big Leegr
12-23-2005, 03:03 PM
I`ve found 215 to last quite a while (at least 2 months before re-application) as well as reducing minor marring. (Mild abrasives in it.) I think you`d be likely able to get a better end result with something like this vs. a purely chemical cleaner.

One point to note, though, is the look. I`ve found 215 to be rather "bright and shiny" so a customer that expects a deep wet pool may not be too thrilled.

imported_Bence
12-23-2005, 03:18 PM
Agreed on the 215. However, if you want real durability you "must" use a synthetic product. That way the results will be always on the brighter, shinier side than of the dark, and glowy. I personally love FK`s appearance, durability and user friendliness.

Does anyone know how the Collinite cleaner waxes perform? I assume, they must be durable as well... and they are providing a still very clear but softer shine.

3Dog
12-23-2005, 03:39 PM
Since the majority of what I do is bikes. I will normally hit it with some FX100 to finish off.

215/FX100

pontman43
12-23-2005, 04:24 PM
This is another option. Personally I`ve never used it.

http://chemicalguys.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PCWCCP&Product_Code=GAP_106&Category_Code=POL