PDA

View Full Version : Best MP3 Download site?

Pages : [1] 2

a.k.a. Patrick
12-22-2005, 08:45 PM
Well I bough myself a little Christmas gift this year. (Like I dont all year long anyway)

Its a Sansa E130 MP3 Player/FM tuner thingy thing with headphones (plugs).

Its a long way from an ipod like my kids have, but I cant justify spending $400.00 on one when I can get something adequate for me for under $100.00. The question posed here, is for those of you who dont own iPods (You obviously use iTunes). What do you find to be the most economical and quality site to download music from (and easiest)? Im currently signed with Rhapsody, for $.89 per d/load, and 10 free for the first month. CD`s are $7.99 also....

SpoiledMan
12-22-2005, 08:49 PM
Lemme go first. Take it back and get a iPod. OK, just kidding. Napster?

Flatfour
12-22-2005, 10:43 PM
You might want to consider "Torrent" downloads, a litlle more complicated but virus-free, complete cd`s with covers and all and for free...

Ok, It`s not very 100% legel but what is in these days, I remember, here in Belgium, when the video-recorder came out 25 years ago, that wanted a law to prevent recording !

Now you can buy video players for 30 $...

If you want links, PM me...

Pats300zx
12-23-2005, 04:37 AM
Patrick...I am also getting an MP3 player for Xmas. I got the 1 gig Cowon Audio (black). It has an FM transmitter and voice recorder and can be used as a flash drive. My sister got the 512 meg version for my Mom for Xmas and she said the audio quality is amazing.

I have been using Limewire for downloads for like the last year with great results.

JeffM
12-23-2005, 05:19 AM
Limewire, its free.

twopu
12-23-2005, 06:54 AM
How is limewire any different then napster(original version when song were free)?

SpoiledMan
12-23-2005, 08:41 AM
Keep it legal. People have been getting served and having to PAY! It`s a LOT cheaper to pay for them up front than after they catch you.

Sherman8r44
12-23-2005, 08:43 AM
Limewire is very similar to the original version of Napster (which no longer exists), they are both P2P sources. DON`T USE LIMEWIRE--there are sooo many viruses, even on what seems to be the most legit songs. I like chimp3.com, it takes awhile and it`s kinka convoluted to download them, but it`s worth it to get virus-free, organized albums of music at only 20 cents/song.

Chimp3.com might be illegal, but since it`s not P2P they would be the ones who pay, not us.

SpoiledMan
12-23-2005, 08:48 AM
Chimp3.com might be illegal, but since it`s not P2P they would be the ones who pay, not us.

496 P.C. Receiving stolen property (Felony)

Sherman8r44
12-23-2005, 09:10 AM
Wouldn`t that only refer to knowingly recieving stolen property?

SpoiledMan
12-23-2005, 09:20 AM
You don`t have to know. It`s the same as some guy on the street selling you a VCR that he no longer needs for $10 bucks. It`s up to YOU to be on the defense. You have to ask yourself why this site can sell a song for .50 or more cents less than the other reputable sites and be legal. Apple make a few cents on each song at .99 cents and they have the best selling site on the planet. You think the record guys are giving that tiny site a better deal?

a.k.a. Patrick
12-23-2005, 11:53 AM
Ok guys, not to dispute ethics, but I need help with establishing a site for my needs.

You have to be curius as to about 90% of the stuff offered at swap meets these days. What happens to those offering products on Ebay?? Would that be considered a 496 as well? Why am i debating this when i dont want to ??!!

SpoiledMan
12-23-2005, 11:59 AM
Make sure to get a receipt. ;) I stay away from swap meets after seeing some "real" stuff next to some "fake" stuff. You just don`t know what you`re getting from those places and why you can get it for such a good price. Bottom line is you need to be able to prove where you got it from to keep you`re freedom and having a receipt surely helps that.

Back to your question. Napster, really.

Sherman8r44
12-23-2005, 01:15 PM
You don`t have to know. It`s the same as some guy on the street selling you a VCR that he no longer needs for $10 bucks. It`s up to YOU to be on the defense. You have to ask yourself why this site can sell a song for .50 or more cents less than the other reputable sites and be legal. Apple make a few cents on each song at .99 cents and they have the best selling site on the planet. You think the record guys are giving that tiny site a better deal?

That`s a good point. But I don`t believe the BS that Apple only makes a few cents on each song...that`s just what they feed the public to justify [eventually] charging more.

JeffM
12-23-2005, 01:30 PM
Exactly !!!

Like how Home Depot came in with low prices, drove everyone outta business, now they are sometimes more expensive than most places.

Or when self serve gas was cheaper than full serve, now its all one price, the full serve price, but i have to pump my own friggen gas !