PDA

View Full Version : Any good leather/vinyl/rubber all in one products?

shortspark
12-22-2005, 08:00 PM
My Honda has leather seats but much of the interior, including various parts of the seats themselves are not leather. It is very hard to tell where the leather ends and vinyl begins. I have been using Lexol leather products and Vinylex but I would rather use one product for ease of use if possible.

I have heard Protectant 303 is a great rubber/vinyl product but I do not know if it can be used on leather. Is there a good "all in one" wipe or spray that would treat everything?

wytstang
12-22-2005, 08:06 PM
303 works great on both.......I just tried out some Poorboys "Natural Look" http://www.autogeek.net/pbnl16.html and it looks/feels/smells great. 303 has a strong chemical smell at first then goes away pretty fast.

Mikeyc
12-22-2005, 08:22 PM
I have found you get better results using products meant for leather on vinyl rather than using vinyl products on leather. Aesthetically speaking of course. Also, leather products are typically less greasy and leave a more matte finish.

SpoiledMan
12-22-2005, 08:55 PM
http://chemicalguys.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PCWCCP&Product_Code=TVD_101&Category_Code=LET

Cut that 1:1 with water and you`re good to go.

Scottwax
12-22-2005, 09:10 PM
Optimum`s interior protectant is fine on leather, vinyl and rubber.

SVR
12-22-2005, 09:46 PM
Klasse VLRP, matte finish and long lasting

pontman43
12-22-2005, 11:15 PM
Optimum`s interior protectant is fine on leather, vinyl and rubber.

I second that. The stuff is great! I used it on my truck and it even took off black marks from my work boots. It leaves a slight sheen and makes the suface look brand new. Its my new favorite interior protectant.

If you can wait, I`ll be doing a group buy on some Optimum stuff and selling at cost, but for some reason when I tried to post it, it said it had to be reviewed first (that was two days ago) but I already got DavidB`s approval. So I`m not sure if or when it will happen.

shortspark
12-23-2005, 04:34 AM
Thanks guys, that gives me some options. Pontman43, be sure to let us know about the Optimum group buy.

JeffM
12-23-2005, 05:13 AM
The Turtle Wax leather stuff is what i am using right now, aint bad.,

rx280
12-23-2005, 05:50 AM
To anyone who`s used both products, how does Optimum Protectant Plus (I assume that`s the Optimum product being talked about in the posts above) compare to 303 Aerospace Protectant?

Just because I want to avoid anything even approaching a glossy look, I`ve used nothing but Meguiar`s Interior Detailer on my car`s interior vinyl and plastic. (And I haven`t even used much of that; frequent use of a Swiffer cloth and/or the California Dash Duster seems to suffice.)

By the way, I`ve been using the Mother`s Reflections Advanced Leather Care, having read some favorable comments about it here, and it`s more than met my expectations.

pontman43
12-23-2005, 03:35 PM
To anyone who`s used both products, how does Optimum Protectant Plus (I assume that`s the Optimum product being talked about in the posts above) compare to 303 Aerospace Protectant?

Just because I want to avoid anything even approaching a glossy look, I`ve used nothing but Meguiar`s Interior Detailer on my car`s interior vinyl and plastic. (And I haven`t even used much of that; frequent use of a Swiffer cloth and/or the California Dash Duster seems to suffice.)

By the way, I`ve been using the Mother`s Reflections Advanced Leather Care, having read some favorable comments about it here, and it`s more than met my expectations.

Optimum is a little less "glossy" than 303 and seems to have more cleaning abilities and goes on without streaking.

As for the Optimum group buy, I tried to post again and again it said it had to be reviewed first and again, a day later its still not up. I dont know why because I already got DavidB`s aproval and it was going to be my xmas present to everyone here, but I guess that wont work out.

shortspark
12-23-2005, 04:07 PM
Thanks for trying Pontman43. I went ahead and ordered some 303 and will check it out. I was going to order some of the other products mentioned but they wanted $12 for shipping? I think the 303 will come in handy on lots of other stuff even if I am not pleased with it on leather.

pontman43
12-23-2005, 04:17 PM
Thanks for trying Pontman43. I went ahead and ordered some 303 and will check it out. I was going to order some of the other products mentioned but they wanted $12 for shipping? I think the 303 will come in handy on lots of other stuff even if I am not pleased with it on leather.

I like 303 a lot too, its just is a little "glossier". $12 for shipping?! Geez, if I can get the group buy together then you`ll have a chance to buy it at cost for the product and shipping.