PDA

View Full Version : import vs domestic clearcoat experience(s)

BigAl3
12-22-2005, 12:18 PM
i was curious on what EVERYONE`S experience(s) between the two. has one car make been harder FOR YOU than the other? example: toyota vs. ford etc... and so forth. let the discussion begin... :waxing:

Rolla
12-22-2005, 12:25 PM
i was curious on what EVERYONE`S experience(s) between the two. has one car make been harder FOR YOU than the other? example: toyota vs. audi etc... and so forth. let the discussion begin... :waxing:

Aren`t both Toyota and Audi imports? :nixweiss

SpoiledMan
12-22-2005, 03:32 PM
Honda paint mars when you look at it hard. The paint on GM trucks is like polishing diamonds!

Accumulator
12-22-2005, 03:45 PM
. The paint on GM trucks is like polishing diamonds!

Yeah, the `05 Rent-a-Suburban I did was about the same as my Audis. Took the rotary to really do any effective (let alone efficient) correction. Much harder than the clear on the Mazda or the clear that was on my Subarus.

AMDin93103
12-22-2005, 05:16 PM
I find that lighter colored Mercedes are harder than the darker colors. BMW is no fun all around. Audi is less fun than BMW. I have only worked on dark colored Volkswagens, black-charcoal-forrest and those all seemed pliable enough. Ford has a level of stubbornness all of its own. The only GM vehicles I have worked on are trucks and SuV`s. I try to charge more than accordingly or stay away from them all together. Toyota can be a pleasure while Lexus can be a surprise. Honda is much softer the Acura IMO. M2C

SpoiledMan
12-22-2005, 05:40 PM
I find that lighter colored Mercedes are harder than the darker colors. BMW is no fun all around. Audi is less fun than BMW. I have only worked on dark colored Volkswagens, black-charcoal-forrest and those all seemed pliable enough. Ford has a level of stubbornness all of its own. The only GM vehicles I have worked on are trucks and SuV`s. I try to charge more than accordingly or stay away from them all together. Toyota can be a pleasure while Lexus can be a surprise. Honda is much softer the Acura IMO. M2C

Just did a Navigator that had some light swirling. They were easily removed with IP and Meg`s polishing pad on the rotary. I was surprised at how well it came up.

Would you please tell my Integra that it`s paint is supposed to be harder than the paint on my Odyssey!

drewski59
12-22-2005, 05:45 PM
Well, our Honda and Chrysler both seem to have similar clear coats.

They both mar quite easily, and likewise a quick ZPC treatment clears everything up!

My grandma`s Lincoln(1998) has a really tough clear; I`d compare it to an Audi.

BigAl3
12-22-2005, 07:53 PM
Aren`t both Toyota and Audi imports? :nixweiss

oops :o ... i meant more like toyota vs. ford and so forth...

WSUcommuter
12-22-2005, 08:07 PM
A 2001 Honda Civic in satin silver metallic I did seemed soft and very manageable compared to my 1998 Onyx black S-10.

Side note: Hard for me to really define a Honda as an `import` since they are made 45 minutes north of me here in Ohio while the neighbor`s Dodge Ram was assembled in Mexico.