PDA

View Full Version : 632 miles then this happend

stndinup
12-21-2005, 11:28 PM
I backed into the corner of a dumpster.

I have only washed the truck 1 time. I was waiting for all the detail products to be deliverd so I could give it the proper 1st time detail.

The truck is at the body shop and will be done tomorrow. They had to paint 1 whole bed side. I have instructed them not to wash the truck. They included it in the estimate. When I called they told me they use special water. I said I wasn`t worried about the water, more about the guy with his "Body Shop wash mit ".

So, THe truck is a Nissan Titan Galaxie Black Metalic. The products that I have ordered pre dammage are as follows.

1. Sonus ultra fine clay

2. AIO

3. Souveran

4. Sonus spritz

My questions are:

1. How long should I wait before I seal and wax the freshly painted pannel?

2. Washing the panel, any advice for new paint?

SVECobraR
12-22-2005, 01:02 AM
Special water huh?

aaron33
12-22-2005, 03:14 AM
wait at least 2 months on the freshly painted panel. Use glaze for that panel instead of wax. Glaze won`t last long, but at least it`ll let the paint degas.

zippymbr
12-22-2005, 06:19 AM
According to Sal Ziano who is a pro painter by trade, you can use Zaino right now.

Mad iX
12-22-2005, 07:45 PM
You can use AIO right away as well, but not Souveran.

Mikeyc
12-22-2005, 08:19 PM
Special water huh?

Maybe he lives in an area with a lot of hard water and they use softened water to wash. Otherwise . . . I got nothin` on what that means.

stndinup
12-22-2005, 09:42 PM
I picked up the truck today and they did a good job. They were all asking why I didn`t want them washing it. I told them about my 3 wash mits and 3 buckets. They all looked at me side ways. I think I insulted them.

Thanks for the advice guys.

I have the AIO and will wait on the Souveran.

Ed Fisher
12-22-2005, 10:10 PM
:rofl

***Special Water*** !!!

Some guys think others are always naive, at the top of it !!