PDA

View Full Version : 06 Ford 500 with swirl marks

leesmack
12-21-2005, 12:17 PM
New ford fivehundred thats black. the day after we bought the car i noticed some fine clear coat scratches on front passenger door and front fender. they took it to a local body shop to have them buff it out. i really didnt look at it too closely after wards cause it has been snowy and dirty here in mid-missouri. but today i washed it at car wash and noticed some swirl marks like someone didnt know how to buff on the spots they were to fix. whats best way to get rid of the swirl marks?? i need help cause its a brand new car and im not to knowledgable on buffing and polishing. so thanks for any info.

Otravez
12-21-2005, 03:24 PM
The general rule of thumb is start with the least abbrasive compound and work your way up if you need too. Not seeing any pictures, I`d probably start out with Meg`s 80 Speed Glaze or Scratch-X followed up by Klasse AIO and a decent sealant/wax. As you can see from this chart, http://www.dano.pocketrubbish.com/detailing/productchart.htm, #80 and Scratch-X are `light cut` abbrasives. Move up the chart from there if you need to.

zippymbr
12-21-2005, 06:58 PM
Welcome, download the free detailing guide, do alot of reading, buy a PC and pad kit, choose a polish based on some recomendations, polish away.

Scottwax
12-21-2005, 09:11 PM
I`d make the dealership pay to have a competent detail shop in your area remove the swirls. Honestly, the last place I`d go for polishing is a body shop.