PDA

View Full Version : Location use of wash mitt?

Pages : [1] 2

Malachi71
12-21-2005, 09:34 AM
When using a wash mitt, do any of you use it for the lower portion of the vehicle (let`s say rocker panel area) or do you use another cloth?

SK2003TypeS
12-21-2005, 09:39 AM
I have a mitt dedicated for the upper portion of the car and one for the lower portion (rocker area). I use a boar`s hair brush for the wheels.

Most people use 2 or 3 mitts per wash. Some extreme washers will use 6+ (I believe it was 6 :grinno: )

Accumulator
12-21-2005, 09:51 AM
Oh yeah, it can take at least six mitts...and that`s using BHBs for many areas.

I generally use a BHB for the rockers unless they`re the same paint/finish/etc. as the rest of the car (most of mine have gravelguard/plastic/etc. for the rockers). In that case I use a mitt but I retire it after doing that presumably dirty area.

But once there`s any chance that a mitt has become contaminated, I get out a fresh one. The nice thing about using BHBs for rockers/wheels/dirty areas is that BHBs rinse clean.

a.k.a. Patrick
12-21-2005, 10:00 AM
Well I hate to say it but I use the same mitt. I save the lower areas for the last bit of cleaning. I rinse the mitt real well, then proceed with the lower areas.

THECLEANER
12-21-2005, 10:20 AM
Well I hate to say it but I use the same mitt. I save the lower areas for the last bit of cleaning. I rinse the mitt real well, then proceed with the lower areas.

Yea me too I inspect the mitt real good before cleaning the lower areas but I have been thinking of using two mitts.

JeffM
12-21-2005, 11:06 AM
Yup, one mitt for me.

When my trucks are really covered in some dirt, i will goto the do-it-yourself place and power wash the vehivcls first.

stilez
12-21-2005, 11:26 AM
Depending on the cleanliness of the vehicle, I will use 1-2 mitts.

On my car during most of the year, it rarely gets more dirty than a uniform layer of dust. I find it useless to switch mitts then. During the winter, different story...

Bill D
12-21-2005, 11:34 AM
I`m of the eccentric, neurotic school of thought ( certainly no offense to you, Accumulator :wavey :D )that multiple mitts, regardless of time of year, is always better. If I have a few more, I`d simply rather switch over to a fresh,clean one than worry about thoroughly rinsing the same out on several occassions during the wash. So, if you have a bunch, use them. ( I even designate which mitts are for which parts of that car by marking the insides with a Sharpie :o )

Richt
12-21-2005, 12:11 PM
Seperate mitts here aswell, 2 for the top half of the vehicle, 1 for the lower half, 1 For the Wheels. 1 for the wheel wells and underside/undercarrige. Same here all year round and like others each mitt is only ever used for the one labelled task.

Accumulator
12-21-2005, 12:46 PM
Bill D- Heh heh, no offense taken :D I only do what I`ve found I *have* to do to keep my vehicles the way I want them. No more, nothing unnecessary by any means- if I cut any corners I get marring. Not neurotic in my book, just taking proper care of my stuff.

If I could wash any easier without marring I`d sure be doing it ;) And then there`s Accumulatorette`s A8.....I wash it in a fairly normal way compared to some of the other vehicles. As a result it gets marred a bit, but only I see it. Other people say "you can`t see that on silver" so, OK...

Bill D
12-21-2005, 12:52 PM
I like your thinking! :up :D

Malachi71
12-21-2005, 01:12 PM
Oh yeah, it can take at least six mitts...and that`s using BHBs for many areas.

I generally use a BHB for the rockers unless they`re the same paint/finish/etc. as the rest of the car (most of mine have gravelguard/plastic/etc. for the rockers). In that case I use a mitt but I retire it after doing that presumably dirty area.

But once there`s any chance that a mitt has become contaminated, I get out a fresh one. The nice thing about using BHBs for rockers/wheels/dirty areas is that BHBs rinse clean.

What are BHB`s?

Bill D
12-21-2005, 01:15 PM
Boar`s hair brushes. Those round paint brush sized ones for lug nut holes look pretty appealing. :up

SK2003TypeS
12-21-2005, 01:21 PM
BHB = Boar`s Hair Brush

Otravez
12-21-2005, 03:14 PM
Just what everyone else said... I use 2-3 depending on how dirty she gets. I wouldn`t call that extreme by any means so if you can do it, do it.