PDA

View Full Version : Products that wish manufacturers would make

Pages : [1] 2 3

EBPcivicsi
12-20-2005, 06:45 AM
I though that it would be cool to see what other people would like to see from the manufacturers. I am not talking about magical sealants that last five decades, but rather specific tools (or products I guess) that would enhance your process.

I would like to see:

A mitt that had sheepskin on one side and MF on the other. Then I could lightly whisp the sheepskin over the paint to remove the bulk of the dirt, then flip to the MF side for a final wipe, then rinse.

I would like to see a horse hair dusting brush for my rigid vac. This would come in handy when detailing cars with wood trim, the nylon (or whatever it is) that the current brush is made of will mar the wood.

I would like to have a grit guard that laid vertically in the bucket. You would still have the area at the bottom, but the vertical piece would be like a "scrubbing post" while washing.

Anyone else?

I will add to my list as think of things. :)

3Dog
12-20-2005, 06:58 AM
I would like to see a horse hair dusting brush for my rigid vac. This would come in handy when detailing cars with wood trim, the nylon (or whatever it is) that the current brush is made of will mar the wood.

Try AVACorp.com....I have gotten horsehair from them in the past.

I would like to have a grit guard that laid vertically in the bucket. You would still have the area at the bottom, but the vertical piece would be like a "scrubbing post" while washing.

Paint supply stores is where I found mine.

What I would like to see (again) is a lug nut cleaner. At one time I had one..plastic cylinder with soft bristles on inside and outside. Worked perfectly..problem was my dog thought it was a bone!

s2skimon
12-20-2005, 07:18 AM
a better platform "almost like a mobile scaffolding" that is easy to bring up and tear down and move side to side , to stand on when doing on top of large SUV`s

also an easier way of cleaning my rotary and pc pads instead of having to hand wash `em

imported_Neothin
12-20-2005, 07:31 AM
I would like an extendable spray nozzle and a brush on a bendable pole. I find it difficult to get into the tops of wheel wells when cars are lowered and the bendable tools would let me get at the tops somewhat easily.

3Dog- Look into the OXO wheel spoke brush. It has a bristled tip that is small enough to get into the space between the lug and wheel itself. It`s a great lugnut cleaner.

3Dog
12-20-2005, 07:47 AM
I would like an extendable spray nozzle and a brush on a bendable pole. I find it difficult to get into the tops of wheel wells when cars are lowered and the bendable tools would let me get at the tops somewhat easily.

3Dog- Look into the OXO wheel spoke brush. It has a bristled tip that is small enough to get into the space between the lug and wheel itself. It`s a great lugnut cleaner.

I have that and also one that..hmm, description.....has three u-shapedbristles on a handle..but never keeps it shape. The great one I had was like a piece of plastic conduit with bristles inside and out. Just slide it on and twist. ( kinda like a battery terminal cleaner brush)

Spray nozzle...look at Target....extendable and has a flat piece on the end to direct spray. It was on sale for under 10 bucks.

EBPcivicsi
12-20-2005, 07:57 AM

Try AVACorp.com....I have gotten horsehair from them in the past.

Paint supply stores is where I found mine.

What I would like to see (again) is a lug nut cleaner. At one time I had one..plastic cylinder with soft bristles on inside and outside. Worked perfectly..problem was my dog thought it was a bone!

Advance sells a lig nut brush locally for .99, there was a pic of one here about a year ago.

Thanks for the info, I emailed AVAcorp.

***EDIT** here are the pics.

http://img135.exs.cx/img135/2038/dscf08168hy.jpg

http://img135.exs.cx/img135/7706/dscf08152vm.jpg

From this thread:

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=49563&page=2&pp=12&highlight=lug+brush

3Dog
12-20-2005, 08:02 AM
Advance sells a lig nut brush locally for .99, there was a pic of one here about a year ago.

Thanks for the info, I emailed AVAcorp.

More than likely you may end up having to call them. They had a location here in Nashville at one time...inventory was more in their head. When you describe what you want they can normally find it......they also have tons of cleaning solutions.

800-282-2348

Thats the one I have now..I must be to rough with it..doesnt keep its shape.

Accumulator
12-20-2005, 08:11 AM
I wish somebody still made the underbody wand I use this time of year, it`d be great for people dealing with winter/salt/etc. It hooks up to the hose and it`s like a waterbroom, only it sprays up to clean the undercarriage instead of down to clean the pavement. Made by American Waterbroom, I got mine a *long* time ago before they quit making them.

a better platform "almost like a mobile scaffolding" that is easy to bring up and tear down and move side to side , to stand on when doing on top of large SUV`s..

I suppose you`ve already seen one of my numerous posts about THIS (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/hi/B00006RK57/qid=1110756187/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_1/102-3680402-3941749)

Mikeyc
12-20-2005, 08:17 AM
a better platform "almost like a mobile scaffolding" that is easy to bring up and tear down and move side to side , to stand on when doing on top of large SUV`s

also an easier way of cleaning my rotary and pc pads instead of having to hand wash `em

How about something like this (http://www.griotsgarage.com/search.jsp?searchtext=91580) for your scaffolding request and something like this (http://www.topoftheline.com/polpadwas.html) for your pad washing request. My theory about things sold by Griot`s is if they sell it then you can find it someplace else for a reasonable price.

3Dog
12-20-2005, 08:31 AM
Accumulator, anything like these?

SpoiledMan
12-20-2005, 08:31 AM
A similar item to the platform that is available at Griot`s for $99 is at Costco for $15!

EBPcivicsi
12-20-2005, 08:58 AM
A similar item to the platform that is available at Griot`s for $99 is at Costco for $15!

Yes, yes, I own one too, great little platform. :)

BigAl3
12-20-2005, 10:28 AM
a nice thin double sided (one side plusher than the other) wheel well brush with an adjustable locking handle to get in and around inside.

stilez
12-20-2005, 10:35 AM
A low profile wheel-well brush. I have such a ***** of a time cleaning mine as well as huge ones.

Accumulator
12-20-2005, 10:39 AM
3Dog- Same idea but different approach. Sorta like a bunch of what you pictured hooked together, with casters on the bottom.

[accumulator thinks he needs to get a way to post pics one of these days :o ]

Let`s see if I can explain this....The thing I have is "T" shaped with maybe six nozzles/jets on a long bar at the top of the "T" and castors on the opposite side. The post of the "T" has a shutoff and hooks onto the hose. Covers a wide area with pretty good pressure. Low enough to get under even the S8 (but just barely on that one). It doesn`t do wheelwells (what you pictured should be great for those), but it gets the bulk of the underside in just a few easy passes.