PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas!

pontman43
12-19-2005, 03:45 PM
Since its getting close to xmas I thought I would wish everyone a Merry Christmas. What is everyone doing for xmas? I`m going down to LA to visit family and detail their cars for presents. lol

imported_Neothin
12-19-2005, 05:05 PM
ummmm staying at home. Boring I know, but we don`t have any family nearby. We did buy our 8 pound prime rib today though. YUM!

cwcad
12-19-2005, 05:21 PM
Staying home with immediate family. I would not call it boring. For me it is a dream of a lifetime that I am living and experiencing it first hand.

Thankful.... that is what I am!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS ONE AND ALL!!!

Tasty
12-19-2005, 05:52 PM
This year I am truly thankful for my family, and I wil be spending Christmas close to home. I have had a lot of perspective this year, and events which have made me see that not sweating the small stuff is so important in living a full life. I have also had some experiences on a spiritual level that I am so thankful for this year, and needed greatly. I had a son born in July 3 months prematurely. 2lbs. 1oz. upon birth, and just so tiny. My daughter was born at 30 weeks gestation a year prior, and this was not something I wanted to do again. Such a scary experience, and even moreso this time because my son was SO much smaller than my daughter was at birth. We thought we knew the ropes of dealing with premature birth, but at 5 months and counting in the hospital we are learning that each child is unique in their needs and development. I have TRULY been humbled by people`s kindness this year toward our young family. I have never experienced the kind of love from other humans as I have this year. Random people telling me they are praying for my son, and know him by name even though I may not know them. Preparing meals, helping with parking money, just whatever. It has been an incredible experience on one hand, and truly draining and beyond stressful on the other hand. We just got another surgery under our belt today to correct some hernias, and it was a success. Hopefully now we can move on to healing our little guy`s lungs, and bringing him home where he belongs. This year I am thankful for my family without whom we could NOT have made it through this experience.

Even as rough as it`s been for us, I am thankful that things are as good as they are. So many families have babies far worse off than ours, have lost their homes to storms this year, or have lost loved ones.

I hope that ALL of you have a great holiday season, and take time to appreciate the things that you have and are surrounded by those you love.

imported_flatstick
12-19-2005, 06:17 PM
Will be spending Christmas with my wife , kids and family. I am going to reflect on what a great year 2005 was for me. I will also remember that many families did not have it as good as we did this year. for them I shall hope they can find the strength to endure any hardships that may have fallen on them.would also like to thank all of the people who gave their money and time to assist the victims that really needed them most. we all should be grateful for something this holiday season.

imported_flatstick
12-19-2005, 06:27 PM
This year I am truly thankful for my family, and I wil be spending Christmas close to home. I have had a lot of perspective this year, and events which have made me see that not sweating the small stuff is so important in living a full life. I have also had some experiences on a spiritual level that I am so thankful for this year, and needed greatly. I had a son born in July 3 months prematurely. 2lbs. 1oz. upon birth, and just so tiny. My daughter was born at 30 weeks gestation a year prior, and this was not something I wanted to do again. Such a scary experience, and even moreso this time because my son was SO much smaller than my daughter was at birth. We thought we knew the ropes of dealing with premature birth, but at 5 months and counting in the hospital we are learning that each child is unique in their needs and development. I have TRULY been humbled by people`s kindness this year toward our young family. I have never experienced the kind of love from other humans as I have this year. Random people telling me they are praying for my son, and know him by name even though I may not know them. Preparing meals, helping with parking money, just whatever. It has been an incredible experience on one hand, and truly draining and beyond stressful on the other hand. We just got another surgery under our belt today to correct some hernias, and it was a success. Hopefully now we can move on to healing our little guy`s lungs, and bringing him home where he belongs. This year I am thankful for my family without whom we could NOT have made it through this experience.

Even as rough as it`s been for us, I am thankful that things are as good as they are. So many families have babies far worse off than ours, have lost their homes to storms this year, or have lost loved ones.

I hope that ALL of you have a great holiday season, and take time to appreciate the things that you have and are surrounded by those you love.

My wife is a nurse and gets to see what issues like what you are going through does to people. honestly do not know how some families can cope so well. just want you to know that your story is very touching . would also like to extend My families thoughts and prayers to you and your family this holiday season. best of luck and hang in there you are not alone.

pontman43
12-19-2005, 09:46 PM
OK, is it me or does all the bad stuff happen during the xmas season. I just found out today my dad has diabetes. Last year it was my mom and breast cancer and the year before our house flooded. Man, sucks it always happens during what is supposed to be the best part of the year. At least its a time you spend with family.

Tasty: I hope everything works out for you and your family and wish you all well.

Super
12-20-2005, 03:36 AM
I will be spending xmas up in a cabin in the high sierras with my GF.

I`m going to be stealing all the toys under xmas trees and calling the police on xmas carolers j/k I remember when I was a kid waiting for Santa at night trying to go to sleep and getting a train set for xmas that was 43 years ago. There was black & white Tv at the time and JFK was president and toys oh the indestructible Tonka toys and plastic army soldiers

Pats300zx
12-20-2005, 05:46 AM
Staying local with family. I have alot of time off of work so I can relax. Hopefully the weather will cooperate for some detailing.... :furious:

Wasatch
12-20-2005, 06:54 AM
Probably take in a snowshoe, then come home and have a nice brew or two. Everyone have a happy holiday.

Tasty
12-20-2005, 08:13 AM
OK, is it me or does all the bad stuff happen during the xmas season. I just found out today my dad has diabetes. Last year it was my mom and breast cancer and the year before our house flooded. Man, sucks it always happens during what is supposed to be the best part of the year. At least its a time you spend with family.

Tasty: I hope everything works out for you and your family and wish you all well.

Pontman43 - I think the holidays magnifies what we go through because we really focus on family at that time of year. Hopefully with the right medicines and procedures your dad will be just fine. How is your mom? My wife is a cancer survivor. She had T-Cell lymphoma at age 12, and we just celebrated her 12th year off chemo on the 16th of this month.

SpoiledMan
12-20-2005, 08:35 AM
We`re taking the kids to Disneyland on Christmas Eve and to church on Christmas morning. Then we`ll come home and open gifts(the few that we get our kids) and go to my sisters house that many people mistake for being Toys R Us!

pontman43
12-20-2005, 02:40 PM
Pontman43 - I think the holidays magnifies what we go through because we really focus on family at that time of year. Hopefully with the right medicines and procedures your dad will be just fine. How is your mom? My wife is a cancer survivor. She had T-Cell lymphoma at age 12, and we just celebrated her 12th year off chemo on the 16th of this month.

My mom is fine, luckly we caught it very early and it was extremely small. She had surgery to remove the cancer and everything went fine.

zippymbr
12-20-2005, 02:55 PM
Going over to both mom`s houses ( mine and wifes). We are blessed to have them both within 5 min driving time now that my mother-in-law moved up from FL. No more driving 10+ hours to visit the family. I don`t even put on a video in the van for the kids the trip is soo short. LOL God bless us Everyone!