PDA

View Full Version : zaino help

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

imported_steveo3002
12-19-2005, 11:45 AM
okay i first heard about zaino a few years back, i got some supplys in and everything was great..i loved the look etc

sinse i live in uk , i stocked up with plenty enough to last 18 months while i was in usa on vacation :xyxthumbs

so after a while of using z1+z2 i also tried zfx but it went bad before i used it up..anyway i noticed the z2 is a real problem to get off, im not talking a bit tricky, i really had to scrub hard...like maybe if it baked on on in the sun for a week

emails to zaino got a automated " you put too much on" reply , so after the next few tries went the same i quit using it...i tried it in cool/warm temps and i never put too much on, cus im mean :lol

any ideas what went wrong?? dud product maybe? i was put off by zainos auto reply, i wanted to make it work but couldnt

not sure if i should give it another try??

ZaneO
12-19-2005, 11:54 AM
That "autoresponse" is the single biggest user error.

How much exactly did you use for one application?

imported_steveo3002
12-19-2005, 12:11 PM
almost nothing....id used it for a year with no problems at all

imported_memnuts
12-19-2005, 12:24 PM
Have you tried spritzing the applicator with some Z6 or Z8? Give this a try it really helps in applying a very thin coat of Z.

Was the Z2 completely dry prior to removal? Premature buffing normally causes smearing which sound different than what you described.

Have you tried QD`ing the surface with Z6 or Z8 prior to application? This really helps in achieving a very, very thin coat.

You might also try spritzing the difficult spot with Z6 or re-apply some polish to maybe loosening up the polish.

Never faced this Klasse-type SG buffing problem with Zaino so I am only guessing. :nixweiss

Hope this helps and let us know what happens. :wavey

imported_steveo3002
12-19-2005, 12:42 PM
yeah i did try z8 before and a misted cloth...the damp cloth made it easier but im talking like 8 times harder than usual...i know what other products come off like, and i know how it when you put too much on...this was awfull i really had to scrub at a tiny patch at a time..not wipe

i think maybe the bottles were bad...pity zaino wouldnt talk to me about it

imported_memnuts
12-19-2005, 12:47 PM
Sal Zaino 1-732-833-8800. Call between 9am 12 noon EST (~2p-5p GMT :nixweiss)

imported_steveo3002
12-19-2005, 12:50 PM
im from uk buddy...it`d cost $$ to call

how long have you guys kept z2 on the shelf?? i even kept it inside away from heat/cold!!

SK2003TypeS
12-19-2005, 01:05 PM
My Z2 and ZFX from 2003 still seem ok. I think Zaino has a listing somewhere on their site for shelf life.

ZaneO
12-19-2005, 01:07 PM
im from uk buddy...it`d cost $$ to call

how long have you guys kept z2 on the shelf?? i even kept it inside away from heat/cold!!

Do you have Z2 or Z2 Pro?

Either should have a shelf life around 3.5 years.

Can you estimate how much you applied (ie. 1 ounce, 1/2 ounce, etc.)?

imported_steveo3002
12-19-2005, 03:13 PM
its the older z2 , i guess 1/10 or less of the bottle...sinse its so expensive for me to get i really dont put on alot!

after the first time it was hard to take off...i experimented with a little more/less extra drying time and less drying time...nothing changed much, only if i wiped off after a short when it smeared as it hadnt set up

imported_Luster
12-19-2005, 03:30 PM
I have 4-year-old Z2 that still performs great.

The key is to apply it SUPER-THIN. As was mentioned, spritz the pad with Z6, then add a dime size of Z2 or Z2 Pro, then apply. That dime size should do 1/4 to 1/3 of your hood.

I can do my entire Grand Prix with a half ounce.

Applying very thin layers, it is extremely easy to remove. Almost no pressure is required.

Even on my black car, before buffing, you can barely see the haze of the Z2, it`s so thin....

P.S. ... ... Do you guys really think it`s expensive? If you use Z1 and Z2 Pro, you get Sixteen applications for $25. That`s pretty cheap if you ask me. Even if you choose to use ZFX, that bumps it to $35. That`s just over 2 dollars per application. :nixweiss

ZaneO
12-19-2005, 03:39 PM
A single coat should be in the neighborhood of 1/3 ounce. That would give you 20-25 coats per bottle if you are applying correctly.

Other than that, don`t know what to tell you if you are satisfied with contacting Sal ( sal@zainobros.com ).

imported_steveo3002
12-19-2005, 03:52 PM
The key is to apply it SUPER-THIN. As was mentioned, spritz the pad with Z6, then add a dime size of Z2 or Z2 Pro, then apply. That dime size should do 1/4 to 1/3 of your hood.

I can do my entire Grand Prix with a half ounce.

Applying very thin layers, it is extremely easy to remove. Almost no pressure is required.

Even on my black car, before buffing, you can barely see the haze of the Z2, it`s so thin....

i think thats what im doing....i guess ive got in the region of 20+ applications from other bottles...oh well i`ll go with klasse twins i guess

Lowejackson
12-19-2005, 04:03 PM
All things being equal it sounds like a bad bottle

imported_memnuts
12-19-2005, 04:07 PM
I will be talking to Sal this week. I`ll run your question by him and see if he has any other answer to your unique problem. If so, I will post and PM you.

Also PM me your address. I will send you some Z2 so you can compare it with your Z2 in appearance and function. What color cap is your bottle? I have Z2 versions from 2002 until the intro of Z2-PRO.