PDA

View Full Version : Best drying towels?

Pages : [1] 2 3

RAG
12-18-2005, 03:55 PM
I wanted to see what others recomended for drying towels. I`ve been using the Big Blue IIs for a while now, and while their absorancy can`t be beat, they aren`t the softest WW around. I`ve also been using the Sonus Ultimate Drying towels (which are quite soft) but they aren`t nearly as thick or absorbant as the Big Blue IIs.

Has anybody found any non-WW that absorb well - I haven`t, and I`ve tried 4 or 5 that claimed to be drying towels.

Thanks.

White95Max
12-18-2005, 04:09 PM
I prefer the Monterey WWs from http://www.exceldetail.com

They`re under $10 each IIRC, and they`re huge. And very soft.

ZaneO
12-18-2005, 04:10 PM
My favorites have always been the Pak Shak WWs.

Pats300zx
12-18-2005, 04:21 PM
Pakshak WW or the Megs Drying Towel

wannafbody
12-18-2005, 04:27 PM
the new foam core WW from Mothers looks interesting

Intercooled
12-18-2005, 04:29 PM
the new foam core WW from Mothers looks interesting

I`ll give these a tr when they come out.

Till now, its been Paks and Sonus. The Sonus blue towels are very nice.

ZaneO
12-18-2005, 04:30 PM
I`ve used a foam-core WW, and I was very disappointed with it. It just seemed to push the water around and not absorb much. Hopefully, Mother`s version will be much better.

Intercooled
12-18-2005, 04:33 PM
How does a foam core WW hold up in the wash?

ZaneO
12-18-2005, 04:59 PM
I washed mine several times with no problems. Due to its lack of performance, I quit using it, so I`m not sure how this particular one would hold up over a long period of time.

AlexRuiz
12-18-2005, 06:22 PM
The best drying towel, in my opinion is the Excel detail Monterey WW. Very good size, really soft and is thirsty like a drunken in hangover day.... The pakshak WW is very good also, but the Monterey is softer and absorbs water FASTER.

For the non WW, the humble microtex drinks a camel, mainly because of the raw size and thickness... that towel is massive. The viking drying towel is excellent, but I consider it small.

Alex

spotpad
12-18-2005, 06:39 PM
I have the Big Blue IIs and I love them over the Cobra WW (purple ones). I only use WW towels for drying. From the first time I used them, I never looked for anything else.

wytstang
12-18-2005, 08:58 PM
I have winnercirccles & Pakshak & Danase & Cobra`s (haven`t used it yet) WW. So far (as far as drying goes) Danase towels have dried my stang and my dads 04 f-150 better then the rest (EXCEPT the Cobra haven`t used it yet). Now Pakshaks WW is thicker with better sticked up border, and winnercircles are good but not as soft. The only draw back to Danase WW is they a kinda thin (but real thursty) and the sticking isn`t as "tight" as others, but for $14.95 for TWO ww Danase are hard to beat.

BigAl3
12-18-2005, 09:16 PM
For the non WW, the humble microtex drinks a camel, mainly because of the raw size and thickness... that towel is massive.

great towel and it`s very gentle on the paint and i don`t have to wring it once the entire time.

The viking drying towel is excellent, but I consider it small.

wait till you see the new actual viking microfiber drying towel. basically the same material as the old 16x24 blue one (which may be discontinued) but will be gold in color and 6 sq. feet! :up :woohoo:

Tasty
12-18-2005, 09:21 PM
You know I thought I liked my Meguiar`s water magnet, and then the other day I used the ol` Microtex giant blue towel and wow did that thing soak up the water. I get so disappointed when I step up to a supposedly nicer product and it underperforms.

BigAl3
12-18-2005, 09:34 PM
I get so disappointed when I step up to a supposedly nicer product and it underperforms.

agreed. :wall

btw.... if anyone wants to trade for a brand new water magnet, pm me. :LOLOL