PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna FMJ

gtpaul
12-18-2005, 11:15 AM
I just bought FPII, FMJ and HGAS, is a topper needed after this process given I`ll be updating the surface every 2 weeks with the HGAS?

imported_GregCavi
12-18-2005, 11:37 AM
you wont need to top fmj, you can if you want put it would be more for looks and wouldnt do a ton for durability. Fmj will die off eventually so topping one a month or every two months might be smart.

Greg

cwcad
12-18-2005, 11:52 AM
I think that you really have it covered with those products. Anything after FMJ is redundant. I have added P21S after FMJ. For me there was no difference. The only thing that I did not like about FMJ was longevity. Slickness, shine, and ease of use are at the top of the heap. Now with the addition of HGAS I think that it is a winning combination.

Although some would disagree, I found HGAS very finicky to apply. Had streaking problems that took extra effort to control(i.e. extra passes with a MF towel). I have it in my arsenal. Will have it, as long as I use Menzerna products.

pt91
12-18-2005, 01:25 PM
I just bought FPII, FMJ and HGAS, is a topper needed after this process given I`ll be updating the surface every 2 weeks with the HGAS?

I have never felt the need to top FMJ. I do use HGAS after every other wash over FMJ and really like it. HGAS is as easy to apply as OCW. Never had streaking and I have used it on black.

holland_patrick
12-18-2005, 05:05 PM
I use only sealants in the winter and right now i`m going with the FMJ with Hgas after every wash reappling FMJ every third of four wash.

I had four layers going till i got some sealantwith polish and HAD to use that.. so now i`m starting over..

imported_Mighty HD
12-18-2005, 06:04 PM
I got about 9-10 months out of FMJ. I had a friend do the truck with it in March, it was the last week in November that I re-applied. It was still beading very tight, but slickness was completely gone.

Horseman2475
12-18-2005, 10:52 PM
I think that you really have it covered with those products. Anything after FMJ is redundant. I have added P21S after FMJ. For me there was no difference. The only thing that I did not like about FMJ was longevity. Slickness, shine, and ease of use are at the top of the heap. Now with the addition of HGAS I think that it is a winning combination.

Although some would disagree, I found HGAS very finicky to apply. Had streaking problems that took extra effort to control(i.e. extra passes with a MF towel). I have it in my arsenal. Will have it, as long as I use Menzerna products.

I found that useing the Autopia Concourse towel stopped the HGAS streaking problem. Apply it once a month to keep the FMJ slick.