PDA

View Full Version : Noticing other shiny cars

Pages : [1] 2

White95Max
12-17-2005, 03:57 PM
There`s this black Jaguar X-Type that is always parked at the physician`s office just across from my campus, and it`s always very clean, and parked in the back corner. I`ve noticed over the last couple weeks, that it hasn`t been there except for one day when the roads were clear of snow/slush. Again, it was very clean and glossy.

Then today the roads were clean and slush-free, and the Jag wasn`t there again, but on the way home, I was coming up to a stoplight and what do I see? It`s the black Jag speeding around the corner headed the other way (toward his work maybe), shiny as ever. And as he passed, he looked over and watched my car go by, just as I was doing with his car. :)

I actually see this a lot. In the winter around here, a clean/shiny car is rare. I always notice other clean cars, and the driver always seems to notice mine as well.

Do you guys notice that whenever you notice another shiny car on the street, they seem to notice you as well?

BigAl3
12-17-2005, 04:25 PM
Do you guys notice that whenever you notice another shiny car on the street, they seem to notice you as well?

YES, and it`s usually people in other cars in general, not just clean ones for me. it feels good when someone looks at your ride and notices that it`s clean and well taken care of. :woot2:

ntoddalbert
12-17-2005, 04:28 PM
I live where we dont have self service Gas and when they fill my car the guys hands shake as he takes the nozzle out....

I was the only freshly waxed car in town today, it went up to 48F!

Best part about getting it clean when its cold, unless it snows it stays cleaner longer, no pollen, less birds, no rain.

RCBuddha
12-17-2005, 04:37 PM

Sure do. I`m just waiting for Autopians to develop a mutual sign of "understanding". In the sense that we are both like clean cars and are members of autopia (bumper stickers anyone?). Maybe DavidB can develop some license plate frames that say: "I`d rather be detailing (or waxing)" on the top. and on the bottom: "www.autopia.org".

Like the Jeep wave. Or the Miata`s light raising (Mosca should know about this). Or the "nod" I give to some chopper guys who have custom bikes.

cwcad
12-17-2005, 04:46 PM
to be honest I do not see much nodding one way or another, here in Texas. There are a lot of clean cars in the town that I live in.

Now on the other hand. Fairbanks, Ak. is another matter entirely. Have recieved more looks from passing motorists in Fairbanks. Most likely because it is only real nice about three months a year. Luckily I live there during those nice months.

Scottwax
12-17-2005, 05:13 PM
to be honest I do not see much nodding one way or another, here in Texas. There are a lot of clean cars in the town that I live in.

I`ve seen it among `Vette owners.

White95Max
12-17-2005, 05:50 PM
Sure do. I`m just waiting for Autopians to develop a mutual sign of "understanding". In the sense that we are both like clean cars and are members of autopia (bumper stickers anyone?). Maybe DavidB can develop some license plate frames that say: "I`d rather be detailing (or waxing)" on the top. and on the bottom: "www.autopia.org".

I`d be interested in an Autopia license plate frame. :xyxthumbs

It would go well with the custom JST WXD plate I`m contemplating.

ScubaStevo
12-17-2005, 05:53 PM
I`d be interested in an Autopia license plate frame. :xyxthumbs

It would go well with the custom JST WXD plate I`m contemplating.

I too. Would be nice. I`d be the only one in Winnipeg. :ca

RCBuddha
12-17-2005, 05:57 PM
Scuba and WhiteMax,

Let me do some checking. I used to know of a place that did custom license plate frames. I`ll keep everyone posted...

Edit: I found a place that will do it. Cost is around $20 dollars (US). I will get some more info tommorrow, but what do you guys want the frame to say?

"I`d rather be waxing"

"www.autopia.org"

or

"I`d rather be detailing"

"www.autopia.org"

White95Max
12-17-2005, 06:08 PM
Detailing.

There`s so much more to it than waxing. :)

RCBuddha
12-17-2005, 06:14 PM
Here`s a fun license plate maker:

http://www.acme.com/licensemaker/licensemaker.cgi?text=&state=Hawaii&r=1900390845

White95Max
12-17-2005, 06:45 PM
OK which one? I like the wolf one, because the other one looks too plain. Any opinions? Thoughts on the text?

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/license_plate_JSTWXD_Wolf.jpg

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/license_plate_JST_WXD.jpg

s2skimon
12-17-2005, 07:37 PM
i`m such an addictive detailer, any parking lot anywhere car or vehicles are parked i`m always looking at other cars` finishes.. One evening, the sun was setting so perfectly on this one guys` car and i was looking to take a pic of it. He gets out of his car and yells obscenities and persisted not hearing my question of what do you use to polish, and then takes a swing at me.. I told him i am a detailer and was looking at the angle of the hood, with the sun setting, and honestly did not notice his girlfriend. He thought I was looking to take a pic of her.

Spilchy
12-17-2005, 08:30 PM
I live where we dont have self service Gas and when they fill my car the guys hands shake as he takes the nozzle out....

I was the only freshly waxed car in town today, it went up to 48F!

Me too, I get the gas station attendant comments. I also slapped on a coat of wax taking advantage of the 48 degree weather in Jersey. I used my new pressure washer as well. Blasting those wheel wells was awesome! (sorry, I`m a first time pressure washer owner!)

Setec Astronomy
12-17-2005, 08:53 PM
OK which one? I like the wolf one, because the other one looks too plain. Any opinions? Thoughts on the text?

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/license_plate_JSTWXD_Wolf.jpg

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/license_plate_JST_WXD.jpg

Holy crap! You finally let the cat out of the bag on your cstm plt?