PDA

View Full Version : Meguirs QD on Zaino

steve_bris
12-17-2005, 12:57 AM
Hi.

I have Zainoed my silver M3 with Z2-pro and the outcome was awesome. But I have got some Mothers Back to Black on the paint and need a quick detailer to wipe the residue off, as washing it doesn’t get rid of it. Only problem is that I have run out of Z6 and can`t get any for a while...

Question is as I have heard that there Meguires final inspection contains no silicones or waxes so can I use the meguires Quick detailers over Z2 and not wreck it all, and will it effect any coats of Z2 I put on afterwards ?

Thanks

Steve

imported_Gears
12-17-2005, 04:26 AM
I don`t think that you have "wreaked " your Z2 by using Megs QD. But it does seem that most Zaino users feel that using a none Zaino product will make it impossibe to put any More coats of Zaino on.

Meaning if you had used Z6 you could have put another coat of Z2 on in the future. Now with a product that is not part of the Zaino system the next aplication of Z2 may not apply right look good or last very long.

But don`t feel too bad this is an excellant time to try different LSPs over the Z2. I`ve used several different nuba waxes and QDs over Zaino with very good results. I found that just using Zaino is kind of dull. Not the finish on my car, just don`t like being locked into one product line and one look.

JeffM
12-17-2005, 06:31 AM
You can use any QD ontop of Zaino, but to apply more Z2pro you would need to wash with Z7.

This doesnt include a QD with caranuba or a selant in it.

DCT
12-17-2005, 07:48 AM
Hi.

Question is as I have heard that there Meguires final inspection contains no silicones or waxes so can I use the meguires Quick detailers over Z2 and not wreck it all, and will it effect any coats of Z2 I put on afterwards ?

Thanks

Steve

You heard correctly... Meguiar`s FI doesn`t contain any silicones or waxes, and should work fine over Z2 until you can stock up on Z6.

Intercooled
12-17-2005, 07:52 AM
You can use any QD ontop of Zaino, but to apply more Z2pro you would need to wash with Z7.

This doesnt include a QD with caranuba or a selant in it.

Yup! thats right. Some (most) QD`s do contain oils or silicones, whether you believe it or not. Zaino is a highly engineered product, its best to stay within the system.

sbkang
12-17-2005, 08:42 PM
I keep Eagle One Wet Wipe & Shine in my car for detailing emergencies. As I understand it, it is basically a "cleaning" QD that leaves nothing behind.

s2skimon
12-17-2005, 08:56 PM
you`ll be fine with your current QD, but if you can spend the extra $$ for z8.. its well worth it

sbkang
12-17-2005, 09:03 PM
Would you use Z8 to clean anything other than the lightest dust? I just use it post-wash to freshen up the gloss. Then again, I`m not sure I`d ever use anything other than a full wash to clean off the paint (except for aforementioned emergencies).

steve_bris
12-18-2005, 01:35 AM
Thanks for the good replies guys :)