PDA

View Full Version : Need clarification about water spots (Newbie alert)

erik7
12-16-2005, 03:59 PM
Alright, this is my first new topic I have posted. I joined in February of this year, but really came back to this site last month and now I`m a daily visitor. Great site, some great pictures, and some really talented people around here. I love this site.

Anyway, I have a 2005 Berlina Black Honda S2000 that I bought in July. I`m a big Zaino user. Well, in my detailing of the car over the summer, I`ve been fing up. So now I need to correct my mistakes.

I think my first problem is that my tap water is somewhat hard, even though the testing of the water I did didn`t really prove that. But when I washed my car, not in the sun, the car was developing water spots it seemed almost immediately. So that was really bumming me out. So the car sits in my garage, and it`s just dirty.

Well, it`s going to be "nice" tomorrow in South Jersey (40 and sunny), so I was thinking of trying to get it at least washed and try to get rid of most of the water spots. I have some QEW to use too to get away from using the tap. My question (FINALLY!) is it ok to use QEW to do the initial cleaning, then get some white vinegar and clean the car piece meal, and then go back over it with QEW again? Also, should I dilute the vinegar?

Thanks guys. Sorry for the long winded post.

White95Max
12-16-2005, 04:11 PM
Yes that would be fine.

I haven`t used vinegar yet myself, so I`ll let someone else say whether it should be diluted or not.

I wish I could have 40 and sunny. :( That`s the warmth I had yesterday, when I got to wash my car with QEW (34*F and cloudy). Now it`s back to the teens...

MorBid
12-16-2005, 04:15 PM
Well I`m glad to hear the weather is some what nice in South Jersey. I have to go home (Staten Island) for Christmas and come down thru Penn, across the Delware water gap and down through the Oranges.

QEW is a gr8t product and used along the lines of some of the posts here you will end up with a cleaning that will be mar free and as good as using a soap, bucket and hose. My only reservation about using it on my Black Audi was when the car is coated in road salt and the other wintery sh*t.

You will need to mix the Vinegar with water STF`s on the exact ratio but I think it`s one to one and maybe distilled vinegar instead of white although I can`t tell you the difference.

erik7
12-16-2005, 05:24 PM
I had read white in other posts, so that`s why I went with it. STF? Pardon my ignorance.

Be safe on your trip home. Gothel`s or Outerbridge? Sounds like Gothels to me.

MorBid
12-17-2005, 12:41 AM
Well if you`ve done your research then your ahead of me on this one, as I`ve heard of the technique but never used it. STF means Search the Forums. You`ll see that alot here.

I can catch either the Gothel`s or the OuterBridge, depends on if I get on the Turnpike and pass Newark International. Both suck on the holidays cause traffic is backed up. Wasn`t that way when I was growing up down there but now everybody cut`s through SI to get to NYC.

It`s a long drive to SI from Rochester NY and through mostly snow country until I get down there.

Good luck with the water spots.