PDA

View Full Version : Cloudy appearance ?

Vettecor
12-15-2005, 01:10 PM
I have a 1977 Corvette, rapainted in 1989 with non-clear coat. Car was painted same color as original (Red of course). Paint is in pretty good shape. I always get a great shine. For couple of years I used Zaino with good results,(1 step polish only). Then I switched over to Klasse all in one. Again, got good results. Everything was done by hand, no machine. About 1 month ago, I waxed with Klasse all in one, and the car has a light film or cloudy look to it. I decided to put Zaino over top of it. It took some of the cloudiness away, but not all of it. :furious:

What is causing this all of a sudden? Is there any 1 step product I can use to remove this film?

What advice to you experts have?

Thanks in advance.

Larry

imported_truzoom
12-15-2005, 01:37 PM
Oxidation? A light polish should do the trick.

Mikeyc
12-15-2005, 01:46 PM
Oxidation? A light polish should do the trick.

If he`s using Klasse AIO I would think that should remove oxidation. Personally, I`m not sure what the problem is.

a.k.a. Patrick
12-15-2005, 01:49 PM
To go from good to cloudy is quite confusing.....Did you shake up the AIO real good ?

imported_memnuts
12-15-2005, 02:42 PM
A claying session and a mild polish or paint cleanser should do the trick especially with single-stage paint.

Remove particulates the distort light refraction with the clay and smooth surface with a polish will improve optics. The refraction of light (color/hue/image) off your surface is being mottled and you are visualizing this as haze.

Not well protected single stage paint will oxidize quite rapidly, so the time course mentioned here is not unusual. This was a problem we faced in the 60`s and 70`s that was dealt with by using cleaner waxes which removed oxidation and polished in one-step plus added protection. This was necessary very often (weeks) to maintain that pristine appearance.