PDA

View Full Version : Carnuba topper not recommended over FMJ?

RAG
12-14-2005, 10:54 PM
I was looking at properautocare.com (classic motoring accessories) and while they feel FMJ is the best sealant made, they do not recommend putting a carnuba topper on it. They said they tried Souvern and P21S and both dulled the finish; instead they suggested one should simply layer FMJ. Has anyone else had this experience? Though I`ve probably done 30 or 40 cars with FMJ, only twice have I put a carnuba on top (P21S) (people rarely want to pay for the extra time); I personally don`t remember the P21S "dulling" the look of FMJ.

Any experience with FMJ welcome to chyme in.

Mikeyc
12-14-2005, 10:58 PM
I`m not surprised Classic said FMJ is the best sealant. I think they make it through a licensing agreement with Menzerna.

Anyway, I use FMJ and I think it`s very good. I have topped it several times with P21S. It definitely made the finish less smooth, but I didn`t feel it hurt the shine or gloss really. In fact, I think the P21S made the finish slightly more wet looking.

im_wicked247
12-15-2005, 01:09 AM
I used the complete menzerna line on my 93 Tan Honda Accord...IP, FP, Glaze, FMJ, and a few days later I topped it with P21S. The Paint was not as smooth but it looks much wetter.