PDA

View Full Version : Ozone Machine

Pages : [1] 2

jimmie jam
12-14-2005, 06:30 PM
found a local rental shop. they will rent an ozone generator for $35/day. that seems reasonable to me, however when i asked about the machine i was told that it sits in the car and runs. will this do the job? or do i need one that takes in "outside" air. any thoughts would be great!!

j. jam

Ed Fisher
12-15-2005, 03:32 AM
Sounds OK to me... Why insist on outside air ? You need the ozone to kill the mold, bacteria and whet every else... It may even be a quicker solution...

autoweenie
12-15-2005, 11:40 AM
Yes, it is supposed to sit in the car and run.

Just don`t sit there with it while it is running.

Ozone is hazardous to your health.

steck
12-15-2005, 11:59 AM
the car needs to be closed and machine run for awhile.

about an hour before your finished, start the car and run the fan on "recirculate" with the Ozone machine still `on`. this will get the ozone throughout the whole venting system too.

after machine is running for the day, with doors closed, just be sure to open doors first and let air out before you get in that car.

there is nothing better to disinfect and freshen a car`s interior than Ozone.

andyman
12-15-2005, 12:33 PM
Does anyone have the name of a place where I could rent such a device? I`m in Nashville, TN. I`ve heard about and read about them for years, but I have never been able to find one for renting. :(

Thanks!

Andy

Spilchy
12-15-2005, 01:23 PM
....after machine is running for the day.....

a DAY?! :scared: I thought it was more like an hour or two for larger vehicles.

TortoiseAWD
12-15-2005, 02:29 PM
Does anyone have the name of a place where I could rent such a device? I`m in Nashville, TN. I`ve heard about and read about them for years, but I have never been able to find one for renting. :(

Thanks!

AndyHere`s a list of janitorial supply stores in your area (that`s where I found them for rent here in Omaha): http://tinyurl.com/bguwk

HTH,

Tort

Ron Harris
12-15-2005, 05:05 PM
i was told that it sits in the car and runs.

It is ideal that the machine sit out side of the car with a tube pumping the ozone into the car. It will become less efficent the longer it sits in the car with out fresh air.

jimmie jam
12-15-2005, 05:41 PM
It is ideal that the machine sit out side of the car with a tube pumping the ozone into the car. It will become less efficent the longer it sits in the car with out fresh air.

so, should i try to find a machine that sits outside? IYHO. i`m doing a corvette. thanks.

j.jam

andyman
12-15-2005, 07:10 PM
Here`s a list of janitorial supply stores in your area (that`s where I found them for rent here in Omaha): http://tinyurl.com/bguwk

HTH,

Tort

You`re the man! Thank you sir.

Andy

Ron Harris
12-15-2005, 07:28 PM
so, should i try to find a machine that sits outside? IYHO. i`m doing a corvette. thanks.

Have you looked at the machine your going to rent? It might have a fiting on the end that you can put a tube on and run it in to the car.

If you can`t find a machine to rent that will go on the out side the placement of the unit on the interior will not hurt it will just take longer.

C. Charles Hahn
12-15-2005, 09:45 PM
a DAY?! :scared: I thought it was more like an hour or two for larger vehicles.

Depends on the size of the machine, too. If it`s just a small one, it could very easily take all day.

jimmie jam
12-16-2005, 06:11 AM
Have you looked at the machine your going to rent? It might have a fiting on the end that you can put a tube on and run it in to the car.

If you can`t find a machine to rent that will go on the out side the placement of the unit on the interior will not hurt it will just take longer.

ron,

about how long should i let the machine run? i`m going to assume that it will be in the car. any help/thoughts are appriciated. thanks.

j.jam

Ron Harris
12-16-2005, 05:26 PM
about how long should i let the machine run? i`m going to assume that it will be in the car.

To answer this question is dificult. I`m not sure of the output (milligrams per hour) of the maching your going to use. Also the type of oder your going to eliminate.

This is a link to a site that answered a lot of questions for me.

http://www.air-zone.com/autorestorations.html

jimmie jam
12-18-2005, 12:31 PM
ran the machine twice ( 2hours @ 75% and 1 hour today @100%) with outside air. aired the car out and it smells like musty ozone now???? will this go away or is there something wrong with the machine i rented?

any thoughts, thanks.