PDA

View Full Version : These Micro Fiber towels...

furnace
12-14-2005, 02:28 PM
Hey everyone,

I picked up this 20 pack of micro fiber towels at Costco today for 9 bucks.

Are they ok to use? They are made by Sunset Prodcuts and they are MF-20. Althought that might just stand for Micro Fiber 20.

Also, how many times can you use a micro fiber towel before you have to throw it out or wash it? How should they be washed?

Thanks!

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c266/dkilbrowski/MicroFiber.jpg

SilverLexus
12-14-2005, 02:34 PM
I like them but only for heavy duty jobs. I would use Excel or Pak for wax/sealant removal and QD.

Porkanbeans
12-14-2005, 02:35 PM
Those are great for interiors, door jambs, and wheels. I would stick to a more quality MF from PakShak or any other reputable online retailer for paintwork.

furnace
12-14-2005, 02:38 PM
I have a leather interior and use Lexol.

So these would be good for buffing out the Lexol?

Spilchy
12-14-2005, 03:28 PM
Those are great for interiors, door jambs, and wheels. I would stick to a more quality MF from PakShak or any other reputable online retailer for paintwork.

Agreed, not to mention bumpers, rocker panels, etc...

Yes, you can use it for Lexol removal and applications.

Basically, these MF`s are good for any part of the car besides the paint and glass (they lint like crazy). For the paint, look at more quality MF`s from many of the online vendors mentioned here.

You can use them over and over and over. There is no need to throw them out unless they become too soiled. Just wash after each use in hot water with detergent, no bleach or fabric softner. Dry on a gentle setting.

imported_The Uncle
12-14-2005, 06:09 PM
I wouldn`t use them on leather. They tend to lint a lot, and you wind up with small fibers stuck to your seats.

imported_hadboosttroy
12-14-2005, 06:22 PM
i`ve had 5 bags of these and they never once have linted. i use them always when I do glass and leather. are you guys washing them first?

imported_The Uncle
12-14-2005, 07:32 PM
i`ve had 5 bags of these and they never once have linted. i use them always when I do glass and leather. are you guys washing them first?

I have 4 or 5 bags myself. I don`t always wash them first, but washing doesn`t seem to prevent linting.

Intercooled
12-14-2005, 07:45 PM
I call them my "rag" MF`s. Use them for all the dirty work. If they get real bad I dont feel bad throwing them away, they are cheap enough.

imported_hadboosttroy
12-14-2005, 09:04 PM
I have 4 or 5 bags myself. I don`t always wash them first, but washing doesn`t seem to prevent linting.

crazy. i really wonder why there is a huge variance :nixweiss

BigAl3
12-14-2005, 10:29 PM
i use similiar mf towels (hometex) from sams club and they are for the dirtier jobs (doorjams, interior wipedown, wheels, etc) also. i`ve used them on paint with no problems, but since i have plusher/thicker ones, i use those on the paint instead.

92MX83
12-16-2005, 02:48 AM
I have a bag of these from Costco. Pretty disappointing from a tactile standpoint, even when compared to Costco`s previous brand (Eurow & O`Reilly) which was more expensive. I use them for removing LSPs from beater cars, wheel, doorjamb & crevice cleaning, interior dusting/wipedowns with APC solution & leather cleaner, basically everything I wouldn`t want to use my Pakshak MFs for. You get what you pay for, but they have their place.

titsataki
12-16-2005, 08:45 AM
I have a pack of those and I used them on the paint and they are ok. They are on the linty side of things. (I will not use them on paint any more since I just got me a 12 pack of MF from Excel and I can tell they are much nicer).

I wash them everytime I use them with with MF specific soap and air dry. Theyseem to be holding/cleaning ok.

Cheers

Nick

furnace
12-16-2005, 12:32 PM
So I`m getting the sense that these towels aren`t that great.

However, although they are lint prone, they will not scratch my paint?

imported_hadboosttroy
12-19-2005, 01:00 AM
lint prone for some. never for me. i only use them on door jambs so i can`t really comment on the scratching. be careful of the edges of the towels and they should be ok