PDA

View Full Version : 1st Detail on an 06 Black Nissan Titan

stndinup
12-14-2005, 07:28 AM
I have been watching the posts on Detailing black cars but am now pretty confused. first Im not a pro Detailer. I basically need advice on the first washing/detail. The truck is Black Metalic, It has a protecion package option with paint sealent if this helps.

I would be doing it out side in the shade at best. The truck is too tall for the garage. I wouldn`t be using a machine for the final finish ( I have never used one before ). I have the washing steps down now I just need product advice.

I havn`t washed the truck yet, its still brand new.

1. Soap

2. Clay Bar? If needed what brand and procedure

3. Wax, application, coats, what brand. ( hand application )

4. Chrome wheel cleaner or polish?

Thanks in advance Guys.

Stndinup

Huntington Beach CA

Lowejackson
12-14-2005, 12:47 PM
Welcome to Autopia :up

I would start by downloading the Autopia book, it gives a great introduction to detailing.

4830Deuce
12-14-2005, 01:59 PM
Welcome to Autopia :up

I would start by downloading the Autopia book, it gives a great introduction to detailing.

:werd: you seem to ahve the right idea...but as for brands and what not, just look around and see what you like...everybody will suggest to you a different product, just find some that you think u will like...and read the Autopia book...

-Justin

Intercooled
12-14-2005, 02:39 PM
Do a "search" on variouse procedures and products and most of your questions will be answered. Just remember there are all kinds of right ways to do things and lots of different personal opinions here!!

exile
12-14-2005, 03:05 PM
HERE`S (http://www.guidetodetailing.com/) a link to the book........ :D

stndinup
12-14-2005, 10:45 PM
I decided to go with:

Meguiars High Tech Wash #00

Sonus ultra fine clay bar

Souveran

Sonus Carnauba Spritz

Turtle Wax Chrome Polish

Will keep you posted on the results