PDA

View Full Version : Got my Foamer today, now I need some foam

Pages : [1] 2

MorBid
12-13-2005, 03:38 PM
I brought a Kracher Foamer attachment for my Electric PW from them. I usually use Meg`s Gold Glass but am thinking it may not do the trick in this application.

What Shampoo do you guys with foamers use?

I`m looking for something that will take down the road salt/spray and dirt with minimal aggitation/scrubbing but not eat through my LSP`s.

Something in between Meg`s Gold Class and the uber strong detergents the Touch-less places use.

TIA

Morbid

imported_Neothin
12-13-2005, 04:44 PM
SS&S is a nice soap via foam gun. Accumulator buys Griot`s by the 5 gallons to use with his.

All the foam guns I`ve seen thus far attach to conventional hoses with a quick connector. Can we get a few pics of yours in action attached to the power washer?

imported_gusbubba
12-13-2005, 04:48 PM
Apologies for hijacking the thread , but , while we`re on the subject , where`s a good place to get a foam gun ?

pontman43
12-13-2005, 04:58 PM
I used my cheap version of a foam gun (Walmart $5 version) for the first time yesterday and I used NXT soap and it worked great! Took me like 10 mins to wash my moderately dirty car. It really loosened up the dirt and grime.

imported_Neothin
12-13-2005, 05:07 PM
I got my Simple Green Multi-Dilution, 1/2 Gallon foamer @ safetyplus.net. it`s under their cleaning and janitorial section.

haha pontman! I still have my walmart soap sprayer laying next to my simple green gun :D

pontman43
12-13-2005, 06:41 PM
I got my Simple Green Multi-Dilution, 1/2 Gallon foamer @ safetyplus.net. it`s under their cleaning and janitorial section.

haha pontman! I still have my walmart soap sprayer laying next to my simple green gun :D

How does the WM one compare? Is it really worth the $80? I still think I`ll buy a pressure washer before I buy that though.

imported_Neothin
12-13-2005, 06:58 PM
I will never go back to the walmart sprayer. For once, it dilutes as time goes along until finally there is no soap left in the bottle. A true foam gun will remain at the same diultion until the bottle is empty. Also, the soap sprayer does just that, spray soap. Even on mist mode, there is very little foam that is actually created. I have TONS of foam from just one bottle with my simple green gun. I can use this foam to constantly provide lubrication to the mitt as it moves across the panel by spraying the foam directly onto where the mitt and the panel touches. Doing this I`ve seen a dramatic decrease in washing induced marring even when compared to when I used my walmart soap sprayer. It is well worth the money to me.

atticdog
12-13-2005, 07:06 PM
Apologies for hijacking the thread , but , while we`re on the subject , where`s a good place to get a foam gun ?

ebay link (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4592075690&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT)

Buy It Now price: US $50.95

imported_Neothin
12-13-2005, 07:29 PM
Nice link. Wish I could`ve found that a month and a half ago when I spend 25 bucks more than that!

Setec Astronomy
12-13-2005, 07:32 PM
MorBid, the GC is good with the foam gun, should be ok for your attachment, don`t you think?

Miami_vice
12-13-2005, 07:33 PM
HOW DOES A FOAMER WORK. & WHATS the diffrence from a traditional hoze & bucket ?

http://www.psawonline.com/etdphotos/53-5208Lg.jpg

imported_Neothin
12-13-2005, 07:40 PM
you never got the chance to see bill (silver mazda 6) or I wash our cars with them at the detailfest?

anyways, what a foam gun does is it introduces an exact amount of soap into the water stream as it comes out of the hose. This amount is adjustable btw. After the soap has been mixed into the water stream, the black part of the gun forces air into the water/soap solution. The side effect that this has is that the soap solution doesn`t stay a solution, it turns into a frothy foam.

Like I said before, foam guns help cut down on wash induced marring by supplying constant lubrication to dirt particles as the mitt wipes them off the paint. The foam itself also helps lift the dirt up and off the paint so that it isnt dragged across the paint but rather is lifted up into the mitt. For 60 bucks (thats with shipping) it really is worth the money.

imported_gusbubba
12-13-2005, 08:05 PM
ebay link (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4592075690&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT)

Buy It Now price: US $50.95

:werd: Thanks

Miami_vice
12-13-2005, 09:02 PM
you never got the chance to see bill (silver mazda 6) or I wash our cars with them at the detailfest?

anyways, what a foam gun does is it introduces an exact amount of soap into the water stream as it comes out of the hose. This amount is adjustable btw. After the soap has been mixed into the water stream, the black part of the gun forces air into the water/soap solution. The side effect that this has is that the soap solution doesn`t stay a solution, it turns into a frothy foam.

Like I said before, foam guns help cut down on wash induced marring by supplying constant lubrication to dirt particles as the mitt wipes them off the paint. The foam itself also helps lift the dirt up and off the paint so that it isnt dragged across the paint but rather is lifted up into the mitt. For 60 bucks (thats with shipping) it really is worth the money.

I did not pay attention to that. But how much soap solution do you add to the foam gun 1o.z 1o`z`s ? Also does it make you loose more soap ? Id like to see pictures or video on how it works.

Setec Astronomy
12-14-2005, 04:00 AM
C`mon guys...search...http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=64403&highlight=Foam+Gun. I mix my solution and set my gun so I get the recommended dilution (1 oz/gal for GC), and I do find myself using more than when doing a bucket wash.