PDA

View Full Version : dumb question what is all purpose cleaner

Michaelelts
12-13-2005, 09:45 AM
is it a brand or a conction?

White95Max
12-13-2005, 09:48 AM
It`s a product. APC = All purpose cleaner. There are several companies that make APCs, including Poorboy`s and Meguiars.

TN9thSi
12-13-2005, 09:49 AM
All-purpose Cleaners (APCs) are generally concentrated cleaning formulas made to clean a variety of surfaces. Several manufacturers make APCs. Some of the favorites around here are Meguiars APC, Costco`s APC, etc. They are to be diluted with water for cleaning such areas as carpet/upholstery, leather/vinyl, plastic trim, tires, wheel wells, etc. The dilution level will vary depending on the surface. A 10:1 dilution, or a little weaker is good for cleaning carpets and upholstery. You would need a stronger dilution say for degreasing an engine, cleaning tires or wheel wells.

imported_mirrorfinishman
12-13-2005, 09:58 AM
I would think that an `all purpose cleaner` is the type of product that can be used to clean many different things. Of course, just because it`s called an all purpose cleaner, that does not mean that it can clean everything. It`s just that they are able to be used for many purposes.

imported_Neothin
12-13-2005, 12:00 PM
With the right dilutions, and ensuring a proper rinse afterwards, I think that APC`s can be used on every surface in the car... The two APC`s that I use are the ones made by poorboy`s and the one made by meguiar`s.

Michaelelts
12-13-2005, 06:38 PM
thanks guys I will add it to my armentirium