PDA

View Full Version : noob needs some guidance

specs
12-12-2005, 04:51 PM
gday all. im about to do a final detail for winter, and i had a question. at what point should i apply the meg`s colorx? before or after the swirl remover?

thanks a bunch!

happy holidays.

:D

Mikeman
12-12-2005, 08:56 PM
Gday, Specs

Use the swirl remover first, then ColorX.

Mikeman out.

White95Max
12-12-2005, 09:32 PM
Yes. ColorX is a cleaner wax. Apply the swirl remover first, then ColorX, and top with another wax. I don`t think a sealant would work well over ColorX.

NXT would probably be a good choice if you`re looking for an OTC product.

Oh, if by "swirl remover" you mean Meg`s #9 (Swirl Remover 2.0), don`t bother. It won`t remove any of your swirls. Even when used by PC it`s near worthless IMO.

imported_Neothin
12-12-2005, 09:32 PM
colorx can be used either before or after the swirl remover. Its a decent oxidation remover so you could use it before the swirl remover if u have bad oxidation. but seeing as its also a cleaner type product u can use it after the swirl remover to get rid of any leftover polish oils and lay a good base for your lsps.

specs
12-12-2005, 10:12 PM
wow thanks for the great info folks. i bought the poorboy 2.5 swirl remover, i hope that would be better.

really? the sealant wouldnt be good over the colorx? so should i just skip the colorx?

White95Max
12-12-2005, 10:20 PM
ColorX is best used to remove oxidation. The SSR2.5 will remove oxidation (good choice BTW) too, so you may not need ColorX. You can use a sealant after 2.5, or get something like AIO for a base for the sealant.

Mikeman
12-12-2005, 10:24 PM
I think you could probably go to a sealant after the swirl remover; but I`d rather make sure all polish residue is gone before sealing by using a pre-wax cleaner. Your ColorX is such a product; but as White95max said, a sealant may not work over ColorX due to the wax in it.

What sealant are you going to use?

specs
12-12-2005, 11:14 PM
ah i get it now.

i ordered the ex along with their ssr2.5. i may just skip the colorx then.

thanks for the help!