PDA

View Full Version : BUTTER SLICK car care ....anyone!!!

Pages : [1] 2

SmookinZ
12-12-2005, 04:55 AM
http://www.butterslick.com/default.asp

I was thinking of trying there product lately but not sure ... any one had experience with that company or have used there products ....plz I need feedback before ordering

JustinR32
12-12-2005, 07:45 AM
Shrug. Use clean materials; quality products; and sound, basic processes; and whatever you decide to use last will look great. I don`t think there`s anything magic or special about that product that you couldn`t get off the shelf anywhere else. But if you want it, get it.

Tom

Wasatch
12-12-2005, 08:55 AM
Prices are alittle steep, go for it, give us a review.

LightngSVT
12-12-2005, 09:49 AM
Sounds kind of snka-oil-ish to me. but I have nothing to base that on.

a.k.a. Patrick
12-12-2005, 10:27 AM
Whats prompting you to consider it? I mean, what have you heard about it ?

SmookinZ
12-12-2005, 12:31 PM
Whats prompting you to consider it? I mean, what have you heard about it ?

I saw small advertisement for them on car magazine :nixweiss

SmookinZ
12-12-2005, 12:39 PM
Sounds kind of snka-oil-ish to me. but I have nothing to base that on.

I am thinking about that too.... Like in meguiars case ...loaded with oil

EBPcivicsi
12-12-2005, 01:21 PM
I am thinking about that too.... Like in meguiars case ...loaded with oil

Yep, everything they make is loaded in oil. I wonder how they make any of it work? I guess if you just keep piling oil on, then you eventually get good results. :rolleyes:

SmookinZ
12-12-2005, 01:33 PM
Yep, everything they make is loaded in oil. I wonder how they make any of it work? I guess if you just keep piling oil on, then you eventually get good results. :rolleyes:

:funnypost ......but hey !! i still like there 80 series like #85,84.83.82 very fast and effective result`s

mpmiller37
12-12-2005, 01:45 PM
I`d be careful with any product which has "Coming soon" in the Testimonals section of the website.

pontman43
12-12-2005, 02:00 PM
$16 for 8 oz, it better be great. Dont let the fancy web page trick you. lol Give it a try though, and give a review. ;)

buzzb
12-12-2005, 02:07 PM
From their website: It makes it shine like no other wax." Davis said Butter Slick has natural oils, crystalline silica and kerosene as its main ingredients.

Kerosene?? That doesn`t sound too good to me. Too harsh for most I would think.

http://www.butterslick.com/profile.asp

EBPcivicsi
12-12-2005, 02:27 PM
:funnypost ......but hey !! i still like there 80 series like #85,84.83.82 very fast and effective result`s

I was joking. I find their products to be excellent, despite the "oil" you speak of. As Mosca stated though, it doesn`t really matter what you use as long as the process is correct.

JustinR32
12-12-2005, 03:17 PM
You are wise to ask before purchasing, smookinZ.

You`ll find a wide range of product preferences here, but one thing is for certain; there`s no magic bullet. ALL the products work. But people tend to identify with them, the same way they identify with schools or car marques or sports teams.

Look past that. Find a recommendation that you are comfortable with, and learn to use that product. I became familiar with Meguiar`s products, so I tend to prefer them. But lots of folks first became familiar with Sonus, or Poorboys, Zaino, Clearkote, Menzerna, Klasse, or whatever, and they prefer those products. Cool. At the end of the day, the car doesn`t lie; it either shines, or it doesn`t shine. And everything else is posturing.

If you want a non-Meguiar`s recommendation, I`ll suggest either the Sonus or Menzerna polishes, and I really like the Zaino shine. The car will look great, I assure you. And you probably won`t be interested in trying anything else.

EDIT: Ooops, sorry; I checked your posts, and I see that I`m preaching to the choir! Based on the presence of silica and kerosene, I`d call butterslick an inferior product.

Tom

3Dog
12-12-2005, 03:21 PM
You are wise to ask before purchasing, smookinZ.

You`ll find a wide range of product preferences here, but one thing is for certain; there`s no magic bullet. ALL the products work. But people tend to identify with them, the same way they identify with schools or car marques or sports teams.

Look past that. Find a recommendation that you are comfortable with, and learn to use that product. I became familiar with Meguiar`s products, so I tend to prefer them. But lots of folks first became familiar with Sonus, or Poorboys, Zaino, Clearkote, Menzerna, Klasse, or whatever, and they prefer those products. Cool. At the end of the day, the car doesn`t lie; it either shines, or it doesn`t shine. And everything else is posturing.

If you want a non-Meguiar`s recommendation, I`ll suggest either the Sonus or Menzerna polishes, and I really like the Zaino shine. The car will look great, I assure you. And you probably won`t be interested in trying anything else.

Tom

EXCELLENT POST!!!! :2thumbs: