PDA

View Full Version : Detail Fest

former86camaro
12-11-2005, 06:23 PM
Well I went to Detail Fest and would like to give you a review of it.

1. The people there were excellent

2. Autogeeks staff is great and helpful

3. Facilities were adequate

4. The giveaways were beyond what you could dream of

I drove from Orlando and got there around 10ish. Upon arrival I went to wash my ride at their wash area. They provided Clay, DP Soap, and an awesome blower vacuum.

I have to say the DP soap is the best I have ever used. I have used PB’s, Sonux, ect.. and the DP soap is the best I have ever used.

I met Max, he was awesome and truly into what he does and his products. You definitely get the feel his staff is there for you and your addiction.

I was a little disappointed with the turn out. 7 corvettes were there and a few other cars, but I think detail city had a bigger showing than autopia.

Lunch was great, Pizza my personal favorite.

I ended up buying Natty’s Blue and now wish I bought Max Wax instead after meeting everyone. I will say I do plan to try the entire DP line now after what I have seen. Once my Sonus SFX system and PB Stuff is up DP will be all I will buy.

I also feel confident now with my rotary usage. If you are slow, careful you really can’t screw it up. The key is slow and careful.

More later I am tired… l8tr

imported_Neothin
12-11-2005, 07:35 PM
What were you driving? Were you the one with the red grand prix?

former86camaro
12-11-2005, 07:41 PM
Yup I was the Red GTP. Still need to do some swirl remover on that darn spolier.

I need to get more aggressive though....

Miami_vice
12-11-2005, 08:18 PM
I was ablt to get 100$ worth of free Stuff. I was really happ about it. I cant wait for next year. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

former86camaro
12-12-2005, 06:07 AM
Yes it was an awsome score of free items. And like I said earlier DP Soap or Auto Bath whatever you want to call it is my new go to car wash. I am very impressed with the suds and look afterwards.

imported_Neothin
12-12-2005, 06:44 AM
I never got the chance to use the DP soap. I had brought my own SS&S with me and I never looked around the wash area to see if they had anything out! Ah well, I still got weird stares and comments from the owner of the silver mazda 6 and the girl that was taking pictures. They said I was the most OCD car washer they had ever seen =/ Next time I hope they can get two separate water lines instead of splitting one. The water pressure sucked when both were being used at the same time!

former86camaro
12-12-2005, 08:16 AM
Overall it was great, but I would rather have seen more organization. I heard something was going on out back, but I thought up front we were susposed to work on the cars.

One way to address the water pressure issue is low pressure eletric pressure washer...

Also I broght my won stuff too, but noticed the DP wash out. I wish they had other DP products to try. I would have used DP stuff over my Sonus I bought to see if it worked better.

Also more shade up front was needed.

Brace1
12-14-2005, 04:02 AM
..I still got weird stares and comments from the owner of the silver mazda 6 and the girl that was taking pictures. They said I was the most OCD car washer they had ever seen =/ Next time I hope they can get two separate water lines instead of splitting one. The water pressure sucked when both were being used at the same time!

No weird stares, the comment about "making love to your car" instead of just washing it was just a friendly ribbing :grinno: ... Besides, can`t argue with success, your TC look phenomenal!!! I stand behind the OCD comment, but that`s not a bad thing.

You`re absolutely right though about the hose/water pressure.