PDA

View Full Version : Turtle Wax Sheepskin

efinirx7gt
12-11-2005, 12:01 PM
Last week I used the Turtle Wax Sheepskin to wash my car and thought it was a nice mit, untill today when I got a chance to look at my car in the sun since it been cloudy all week. Light swirls all over the car :( . This is the first time I got swirls from just washing the car. My question is did I get the light swirls from Turtlewax Sheepskin? Anyways I threw it away and i`m going to use my sheepskin from excel. btw I dry my car with excel ww towles which I`m sure doesn`t cause swirls.

Bill D
12-11-2005, 12:10 PM
Be sure the mitt is very plush. There`s always a chance those that are less plush can contribute to swirls. I`ve walked away from mitts on the shelf plenty of times because they were not adequately plush for me. Also, wash mitt material aside, I`m a very firm believer in using multiple mitts during a wash;especially if you are washing the traditional 2 bucket way. Switching over to a fresh mitt during the wash process is always better than continuing to using the same one from beginning to end no matter how well you think you have rinsed it out ( especially this time of year in most places).

I hear good things about Excel products, both mitts and WWs. I have a feeling they will work out well.

derek37
12-11-2005, 10:06 PM
it might have also been one of those synthetic blend mitts. Make sure you feel all mitts avaliable at the store to determine the plushest one. You will definitly feel the difference.

Djmigs
12-11-2005, 10:25 PM
Wow....i have never owned a sheepskin not that i dont want one....but i did see the same mitt mentioned TW, i too was curiuos since member highly commented about his, but i am aware of different types of sheepskin there is natural and there is synthetic which i cant tell the diffrenece .... almost purchased but held off since i now know better to first research before buying...im sorry to hear you got swilrs....if i may did you do the two bucket method and use a high quality soap and wash from the top down or the same method you used with your older mitt...just a thought...

Bill D
12-12-2005, 05:51 AM
i am aware of different types of sheepskin there is natural and there is synthetic which i cant tell the diffrenece

Hmm..I can always see the difference immediately. Next time at the shelf, hold one marked sheepskin next to one marked synthetic. Not only do they feel different, you`ll notice the difference in looks right away.

imported_Neothin
12-12-2005, 07:23 AM
If your car is overly dirty you have to rinse out/switch mitts more often than you do when the car is just dusty. I`ve had great success with my eurow brand mitts from walmart. for 4.96 apiece, they`re hard to beat, especially this time of year when they`re so plush. As Bill D said, you have to be very subjective when shopping for mitts. There is a vast difference between mitts, even those from the same shipment! May I also recommend that you invest in a foam gun. I got mine a month or two ago and I love the thing. I hardly get any wash induced swirls so my time between polishing has been greatly extended. they are kinda expensive, but they`re well worth the money :D