PDA

View Full Version : Best Quality "Wash Mit"

Pages : [1] 2

oak3x
12-09-2005, 07:58 AM
As everyone knows, owning a "black" car is a challange with seeing swirls and paint imperfections.

I wanted to get some feedback as to a "high quality" WASH MIT.

As a perfectionist, I am always looking for suggestions to what others have experienced.

Thank you for your help!

Dave

SK2003TypeS
12-09-2005, 08:05 AM
I`ve had good experiences with the wash mitts from the autopia store, autogeek, Proper Autocare and Griots (w/ rubber liner).

One bad experience I had was with a Turtle wax "sheepskin" mitt that I got for a B-day present. It seemed soft and very similar to other mitts I`ve used. Before using it I just thought it`s life would be short. Needless to say, it left some swirls/lines on my paint.

You`re goin` get a lot of different answers...

ZaneO
12-09-2005, 09:33 AM
I prefer the Eurow sheepskin mitts.

imported_AZ Ferrari Man
12-09-2005, 10:12 AM
I like to use a sheepskin mitt. But, you may want to consider technique, I like to have alot of suds on the car and just pull the mitt over it, not pushing down or rubbing, more of a drag. The suds acts like a buffer between the paint and the mitt.

Andrew

Hey, Moe!
12-09-2005, 11:16 AM
I like the Sonus ultimate mitt. Since it doesn`t have a thumb, I can use both sides of it by rotating it on my hand.

Spilchy
12-09-2005, 12:15 PM
Most use sheepskin wash mitts. Just pick and choose at the store which one is the fluffiest and nicest. Many brands all seem to sell the same mitt. They all have the same cuff, even the design on it, and all come from China. The Eurows at WalMart are great and I like the VROOM at Target. The one at Griot`s, made in Canada looks nice. but I like to examine my mitts before I buy because no one mitt is the same.

I like sheepskin with 2 buckets to wash the car. One with suds, the other with clean water to rinse the mitt in before dunking back into the suds (known as the 2 bucket method). To help reduce swirling, use multiple mitts while washing - a couple for hood, roof and trunk and top portion of the sides - and another for the lower panels, bumpers, rocker panels, etc...

buellwinkle
12-09-2005, 12:29 PM
The Costco wash mitts are the best, throw them in the was and they still look good and they are very dense and plush. To show you touch they are, my German Sheperd got a hold of one as a toy and he`s had it for month and hasn`t completely destroyed it yet. He normally tears apart a dog toy in hours. Use a grit guard at the bottom of your bucket to trap the dirt when you dunk.

imported_Neothin
12-09-2005, 01:32 PM
I really like my Eurow brand wash mitts that I got from walmart. This time of year, they are very plush so If you want some, get them now. I actually bought 3 (out of the 12 that were there) yesterday. They cost $4.96 too, such a steal!

BigAl3
12-09-2005, 07:08 PM
i am currently using a viking sheepskin mitt with no probs and also have some sm arnold & eurow mitts as well. naturally... i picked the softest, thickest ones i could find at the time of purchase.

AMDin93103
12-10-2005, 09:34 PM
My :2thumbs: vote goes for the Excel Heavy Mitt (http://www.prestostore.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?ref=exceldetail&ct=30057&pd=131829) for price, quality and durability. I have a few more than a dozen that I`ve been rotating through for about a year and they all look great. I get stuff from Patrick next day too :work:

JeffM
12-11-2005, 06:57 AM
Ditto, the heavy mitt is pretty soft and holds tons of soapy water.

Pats300zx
12-11-2005, 07:22 AM
You really can`t beat the Eurow sheepskin mitt. For $5.00 at Walmart its a great buy.

imported_topnotch
12-11-2005, 08:36 AM
Eurow all the way. Strong mitt and with the proper soap it does not induce any swirls

Tasty
12-11-2005, 10:48 AM
Here`s another vote for the Vroom mitts at Target. I went and selected the plushest one on the rack yesterday, and used it on both my cars. Forgot how nice a fresh sheepskin mitt can be.

JaCkaL829
12-11-2005, 11:30 AM
I bought the big sheepskin mitt PakShak sells and use it only for my car. It`s a great mitt.

I also like the Eurow sheepskin mitts. I remember Costco use to sell a 4pk of them with the mesh on one side for under $10. They we`re a great buy. I wish they would bring them back instead of those crappy MF mitts. :(