PDA

View Full Version : i kinda hate glossy dressing on interiors.....

Pages : [1] 2

tommyortom
12-08-2005, 10:45 PM
interiors always piss me off when you get to the dressing step, and you try to cover EVERY square centimeter of all of the plastic, vinyl, and rubber in the interior. it pisses me off when i miss a spot because its obvious that there isnt any dressing applied to it. i think dressing interiors and cleaning glass are the biggest pain in the ***.

also...what is a very durable interior dressing....minimal or semi gloss

tommyortom
12-08-2005, 10:46 PM
i dunno..but i think maroon might be the nicest looking color......it almost has the depth of a black car, but with the "pop" and brightness of a bright red car still. i think first brand new car purchase will be a maroon one...or black or red.

danwatt
12-09-2005, 12:25 AM
303 is pretty durable. If you want a natural look, spray it on the applicator, not the surface. I hate glossy interiors, doesn`t matter if it`s sporty or luxurious. It just looks wrong to me.

HomicidalSloth
12-09-2005, 12:43 AM
Meguiar`s Quik Interior Detailer will become your new best friend. :) Very natural looking, not greasy at all, just makes it look new.

Richt
12-09-2005, 12:57 AM
I used to like a glossy interior now I hate that look.

Poorboys Natural Look once a month, maintained with Meguiar`s Quik Interior Detailer or 1Z Cockpit Premium to maintain it weekly. All give a totally matt factory look.

Personally I found 303 a little glossy for me.

SVR
12-09-2005, 01:58 AM
Well my interior is charcoal and I always loved the jet black interiors in the 70`s XABC falcon coupe`s so I use wolfgang black diamond on all interior bits and it`s jet black

At least you can tell easily if you`ve missed a spot

Glass is easy as ABC with WW glass towel or Monster fluffy and Sonus Ultra high gloss detail spritz

beastie
12-09-2005, 04:01 AM
Klasse VRLP (vinyl, rubber, leather, plastic) is the least glossy dressing I know of. In a convertible, it lasted me a year before I reapplied. It did not attract dust, didn`t outgas to haze the windows, brought back faded plastic, guarded against UV, wasn`t slippery, etc. It is about as close to perfect if you like a very matte finish. It has even less sheen than 303. BTW, it`s an outstanding cleaner.

I`ve used it on my SUV`s tires and it lasted at least 6 months. I was wondering what I had used on the tires that they were coming out very clean and black after every wash and rainstorm. The ries on the passenger side had 303 and it didn`t last nowhere near as long.

Sherman8r44
12-09-2005, 06:18 AM
Meguiar`s Quik Interior Detailer will become your new best friend. :) Very natural looking, not greasy at all, just makes it look new.

I agree, but it won`t last long. It`s more of a daily/weekly maintenance thing.

imported_Neothin
12-09-2005, 06:48 AM
I`ll be using 303 on my interior bits and pieces. It`s not completely matte, but rather, it has a very slight sheen to it. I like a slight gloss so its perfect for me :D

Fleetwood*
12-09-2005, 10:08 AM
I`ve always used Zaino Leather Conditioner (Z10) on the dashes of my cars. I have three GM vehicles with leather. Anyone who knows GM p-leather, it definitely doesn`t fill the cockpit with that rich leather smell. Z10 leaves a nice matte finish as well as a decent leather aroma. On my Envoy, I noticed that the dash "takes" the product differently and I`m left with an uneven finish after a week or two. I`m definitely going to give a few of the products suggested here a try, that Interior Quick Detailer sounds good.

P.S. This is my first post, I was referred here by a friend a few weeks ago and love the site.

Mikeyc
12-09-2005, 10:43 AM
I like to use 303 monthly or so and then use Megs Interior QD in between. Also, get yourself some Sprayway glass cleaner and some WWs and you won`t mind cleaning glass as much.

Way2SSlow
12-09-2005, 10:47 AM
I really like Adam`s VRT. I hate when people put super glossy stuff on the interiors of their cars. It looks cheap to me.

imported_smprince1
12-09-2005, 10:52 AM
For me, PB`s Natural Look is good for interiors. Low gloss and good scent.

EBPcivicsi
12-09-2005, 11:03 AM
Meguiars #40 for me. Cheap, smells nice, low luster satin finish, UV protectants, what more do you need?

kustomsol
12-09-2005, 02:44 PM
Ditto on the Zaino Z-10 Works well on leather and vinyl without a high gloss (and the stuff smells like leather, too).