PDA

View Full Version : Yes, Menzerna still is some of the best:

imported_Mighty HD
12-08-2005, 07:00 PM
Still continues to amaze me and get comments allllll the time.

I`m glad I found this place. I would have been stuck with Rain-X wax for the rest of my life. :work:

http://community.webshots.com/album/517283383kvrWyv

:drool: :clap: :dance

Scottwax
12-08-2005, 07:59 PM
Very nice! The metallic looks like it is exploding out of the paint! Can`t see any swirls in the full sun shots either.

What process and particular Menzerna products did you use?

BTW, I have a customer with the same truck, same color even. Pretty tough looking rig. Any mods?

ZaneO
12-08-2005, 08:03 PM
Very impressive.

I`m particularly interested in your process on the wheel wells...they`re spotless.

gmblack3
12-08-2005, 08:38 PM
Do tell what Menzerna products where used.

Like Scott said the metallic looks like it is full bling mode. :woot:

My buddy and I did his same truck/color, except his is not the PI package. :xyxthumbs

We used Manzerna IP and FPII, followed by zaino and AS.

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=64332&highlight=gmc

imported_Mighty HD
12-09-2005, 04:22 AM
I used only FMJ x 2 in those pictures. In March I used the full Menzerna deal: Shampoo, FP-II, Glaze, and FMX x 3 all by hand. The results are outstanding. I have gotten around 6 months out of the FMJ since I last did it. The beads were still tight, but I was bored and figured I`d hit it up with a fresh coat. I wash it about 2-3 times a week with Gold Class shampoo and a wash mitt.

When I wash I take a milk crate and flip it upside down, fill my 3 gallon bucket with water and LOTS of soap. When I wash I do the hood first, rinse, tailgate, rinse, upper half of the doors, rinse, upper half of the bed side, rinse, lower half of the door, rinse, lower half of the beside, rinse. etc

When I rinse I put the wash mitt on the milk crate and take the nozzle off the hose and run it through the mitt until all the soap is gone and run my fingers through it. It works wonders and comes out perfect every time. As you can see no swirls, and I`m anal about that, very very very careful.

The wheels & wheel wells: I use a cheap $1 sponge from walmart. I hit the wheels first, then the wheel wells. The rear wheel wells get a coat of Menzerna also every time that I use sealer/wax. Every 6 months I`ll get on the creeper and wash underneath the truck. For dressing on the front wheel wells I use Black Magic tire foam and soak it. I let it sit in the sun for about 30 minutes to dry it off, results are beautiful. I wipe off any overspray with QD and a blue microfiber from Sams club.

Sams club MF`s are very good--I have been using them for wax removal and QD since day one that I discovered this site, no marring, no swirling and a good towel.

If I would have never found this site I`d be stuck with #26 and bath towels to dry off. Now my wife thinks I`m nuts between all the "special towels locked air tight in baggies" and the 100+quarts of Mobil 1 in the utility room..lol

It all pays off when you get an old man (70`s+) walking through the parking lot and tell you what a shiney truck that is. It`s hard to impress that age group--they`ve seen it all. I also get strangers @ stop lights waving me to open the window so they can ask "What in the h*** do you use on that truck--never seen anything that shiney & sparkley" lol

Thanks guys for the knowledge...

gmblack3
12-09-2005, 06:38 AM
Some good tips there!

Must take you a long time to wash, but keeping it nice and swirl free is worth it.

I use the sams myself for IP/FPII removal.

Did you get the M1 on the pep boys calender deal?

Just finishing up the last of my coupons this week.

imported_Mighty HD
12-09-2005, 02:38 PM
Yeah, I had bought a case of the calenders once I realized the coupons in it. I had the good ones too. They had the ones with "buy one get one free" stickers on the techron, rain-x carwash, etc. I got the ones that said "free"

I bought all the oil in about 4 months. They knew me by name and always knew what I had..lol $15 for a case of mobil 1, you can`t beat that with a football bat!

Pats300zx
12-09-2005, 03:20 PM
Yeah, I had bought a case of the calenders once I realized the coupons in it. I had the good ones too. They had the ones with "buy one get one free" stickers on the techron, rain-x carwash, etc. I got the ones that said "free"

I bought all the oil in about 4 months. They knew me by name and always knew what I had..lol $15 for a case of mobil 1, you can`t beat that with a football bat!

I will be using the last of mine up next week. Where am I going to put all this Mobil 1 :nervous: