PDA

View Full Version : Bought a new car

Pages : [1] 2

Jngrbrdman
02-05-2005, 10:21 PM
I have loved my Integra for over 5 years now, but it was time for a change. I sold it today and bought an `05 Subaru Legacy GT. :D I got it in Regal Blue. It looks just like this:

http://www.wideopenwest.com/~mccorry/images/subaru/Sophie%20right%20rear%20high.JPG

http://home.comcast.net/~nlehmann/leg/back2.jpg

I was a little nervous about getting a darker color, but this one seems to hide swirls really well with the metallic color. I`m much better at this whole detailing thing than the last time I had a dark color car, so I`m confident that I can keep it looking good. :) If nothing else I will be spending less time layering and waxing to get my car looking good. White is pretty hard to really amaze people with. I am a little sad that I won`t really be able to enter any shows for a couple years. Who cares how clean a new car is? Once it is 3 or 4 years old and it looks as good as it does now then they might be impressed. :naughty Glamour shots of my bone stock Legacy to come...

OI812
02-05-2005, 10:38 PM
Congrats. Ah the nice smell of a new car. You just have to love them.

Jngrbrdman
02-05-2005, 10:53 PM
The funny thing is that I actually like the smell of my Integra better. I just conditioned the leather with Four Star Ultimate leather conditioner and it was smelling all good... Its the same smell that I have inhaled after driving away from every show I have won. ;) I`m going to miss that car...

norahcrv
02-05-2005, 11:04 PM
Congrats on the new wheels (and everything that came with them :lol)!!

That Regal Blue looks really nice!!! I`m sure you`ll have it looking outstanding in no time!!! :)

CharlesW
02-05-2005, 11:24 PM
Congratulations!
The color looks to be something like the GM Sapphire Blue I have on my Pontiac mini-van. It isn`t quite as bad as black, but it will keep you busy polishing.:)
It should be a fun ride.

Charles

mtodde
02-05-2005, 11:28 PM
Congrats! It looks great!

What are you going to use on it? That`s the big question!

Jngrbrdman
02-05-2005, 11:39 PM
I`m a Wolfgang man for that color. WGx3 with a Pinnacle Signature topper. I think we`ll start with that and see what happens.

jaybs02
02-06-2005, 07:14 AM
Sharp looking car :bigups
Lot of luck with it
I`m sure you`ll be winning shows with that one too

ben54
02-06-2005, 12:39 PM
Nice car. Considered getting it myself when I was in the market. The Subaru dealer was less willing to deal than other dealers at the time, unfortunately. It wasn`t the rocket that the STI is, but it sure was quick when the turbo kicked in. Congrats on the acquisition.

holland_patrick
02-06-2005, 01:32 PM
Yes that was a great job on getting the subbie now all you need is the Trunk monkey to keep her fast and clean..

Patick

Jngrbrdman
02-06-2005, 01:50 PM
I`ve got a Trunk Monkey on order from Subaru. I`m getting the JDM Trunk Monkey because they are known to be more agressive. Once I teach it how to use a PC then my swirl days will be over. He can just lightly buff the car while I sleep. lol

The STi is a mean car. I tried to rock one on the showroom floor and it just sat there like I wasn`t even pushing. Talk about stiff. There is definately a purpose for that kind of setup, but its not the kind of driving that I`ll be doing. I love a nice loud balls to the wall kind of car, but the only way to get the wife to go with me on this one was to get a car that looks a little tamer. ;) Little does she know.... Wait till I take her for a spin in it. She might make me take it back. lol

Jngrbrdman
02-06-2005, 08:12 PM
Someone showed me this picture of the back without the badges on it. Man... that looks sooooooo good!! I`m doing that first thing tomorrow!

Edgey04
02-06-2005, 08:29 PM
sweet..... It looks like a civic (a classer one) lol mixed with a tsx. Those things are quick .keep it clean!

bigron62
02-06-2005, 08:36 PM
nice car, :nono nice color...that paint doesnt know what its in for

keeotee
02-07-2005, 08:32 AM
Sharp looking car!