PDA

View Full Version : Clearkote or Poorboys?

saint1
12-07-2005, 02:58 PM
Clearkote or Poorboys products?

Are they much of a muchness?

In UK so all items readily available and at similar prices.

Thoughts welcomed.

Mitchubishievo
12-07-2005, 03:02 PM
Clearkote RMG and VMG, Poorboy`s Everything :).

Scottwax
12-07-2005, 03:18 PM
I`d probably go with the Poorboys for your deep cleaning (the SSRs) and Clearkote for your glaze and LSP.

4830Deuce
12-07-2005, 03:26 PM
vm and rmg are god sends....love the stuff, just got it about two weeks ago, cant believe I have lived this long with out it...poorboy`s...havent use any of mine for about 6 months...some people love the stuff tho....

-Justin

SpoiledMan
12-07-2005, 04:01 PM
vm and rmg are god sends....love the stuff, just got it about two weeks ago, cant believe I have lived this long with out it...poorboy`s...havent use any of mine for about 6 months...some people love the stuff tho....

-Justin

Ditto that!:)

I`ll also add Quickshine and Carnauba Moose Wax to that.

:xyxthumbs

imported_Neothin
12-07-2005, 06:20 PM
You cant forget about trim restorer, natty`s/blue, and SS&S!! I use a selection of products from each manufacturer.

III
12-07-2005, 06:27 PM
I`d probably go with the Poorboys for your deep cleaning (the SSRs) and Clearkote for your glaze and LSP.

This is what I do. I`ll also use PWC for a one step when I`m in a pinch, and I keep everything nice with QS.

Miami_vice
12-07-2005, 07:25 PM
what do the terms LSP, PWC , SG etc... mean ?

wannafbody
12-07-2005, 07:31 PM
with as much rain as you have in the UK I`d suggest collinite 845 just for the beading

SpoiledMan
12-07-2005, 07:31 PM
what do the terms LSP, PWC , SG etc... mean ?

LSP= Last Step Product

PwC is Poorboy`s Polish with Carnauba

SG is Klasse Sealant Glaze

On the home page to the site there is a link to the secret decoder ring that will tell you what *most* of the abbreviations are.

imported_Neothin
12-07-2005, 07:37 PM
RMG=Red Moose Machine Glaze

VM=Vanilla Moose Wax Hand Glaze (or some similar name, I can`t remeber exactly what it is off hand)

SSR= Super Swirl Remover. Poorboy`s line of abrasive Polishes. From least-->most aggressive its, SSR1, 2, 2.5, 3

LSP= Last Step Product. This is the last product that you apply in your detail. Normally it`s a sealant or a wax.

SS&S= Super Slick & Suds. Poorboy`s wash soap.

PWC= Poorboy`s Polish with Carnauba. A decent one step polish/wax thingy. I don`t know much about it, I`ve never used it.

S&G= poorboy`s spray and gloss, one of poorboy`s quick detailers

SG=Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze. Klasse`s acrylic sealant for use after AIO (klasse all-in-one, a chemical cleaner type product).

those are all the abbreviations on this page

with as much rain as you have in the UK I`d suggest collinite 845 just for the beading

Collinite, like other heavy carnaubas, also has a nice self-cleaning ability. I witnessed this first hand today for the first time. I recently did a quick AIO/#16 combo on my mom`s beetle. Today we had rain and yuck all day. I come home and go out to the garage to open my pakshak order that came in today and I noticed that the beetle even after being rained on and driving on wet streets still looked great. The only places that had dirt spots were directly behind the wheels. everything else looked awesome

TGates
12-07-2005, 08:44 PM
Tough question. One of my very favorite combinations on my dark blue metallic car is RMG/YCW/CMW maintained with QS. I do have to say I have loved every Poorboys product I have tried thus far. I really like SS&S, Natty`s Blue, Wheel Sealant, S&W, S&G, Trim Restorer, Natural Look, LOVE SSR2.5, Pro Polish, and EX-P.

I don`t think I could get along without either line. They are two of my favorite line-ups, also including Zaino and Klasse.

If you didn`t want to get the entire line, I would HIGHLY recommend either VM or RMG and Quikshine from Clearkote, but if your wallet doesn`t mind, get VM, RMG, YCW, CMW (the carnauba one) and Quikshine. I bet you`ll use `em and love `em all.

Richt
12-08-2005, 03:05 AM
Mix a match for me, I couldnt be without both product lines on my own car.

Deep Polishing - Poorboys SSR Range

Light Polishing and Glazing - Clearkote Vanilla Moose, Red Machine Glaze and Yellow Cream wax.

Sealant - Poorboys EX-p

Quick Detailing - Poorboys Spray and Wipe and Clearkote Quikshine.

Interior Trim - Poorboys Natural Look.

s2skimon
12-08-2005, 06:58 AM
if only between those two, I`d have to vote for clearkote