PDA

View Full Version : Newbie`s questions about waxing

97Boxsterian
12-07-2005, 10:56 AM
I plan to detail my car by AIO-SG-P21S along with a bunch of SONUS products...etc. I have serveral questions:

1) Are SONUS Paintwork cleanser and Klasse AIO smiliar products? Do they serve similar purposes? Should I used either one of them or should I apply SONUS Paintwork cleanser first, then apply AIO?

2) After apply Klasse SG, should I wait 8-12 hours then buff it off? Is the procedure like: apply SG, wait for 12 hours, buff off and then apply 2nd coat? OR apply SG, buff off right the way, then wait for 12 hours and then apply 2nd coat?

3) When appling AIO or SG, should I damp the applicator by SONUS Detailing Spritz instead of water? Which way is better?

4) After apply P21S wax, how long should I wait before buff off? Is the applicator which comes with the package good to use? How much P21S wax should I apply by hand for a section of 2-3 square feet?

Thank you.

imported_Neothin
12-07-2005, 11:46 AM
1. They accomplish the same purpose. Use one or the other.

2. Apply the SG, let it haze for a few minutes, then buff it off. Then wait the 12 hours to apply the next coat.

3. I normally apply AIO and when I used SG with a dry foam applicator. AIO was applied by machine and SG by a yellow foam applicator. I don`t know if your supposed to dampen the applicator or not.

4. same with SG, apply, let it haze, then buff off. How much to use.... uhhh its kinda hard to really tell how much your using with a carnauba paste, but try to get it as thin as you can. The thinner that you apply the product, the less you have to buff off later (therefore you waste less)

3Dog
12-07-2005, 02:08 PM
If you are going with SG then you need to use AIO first If you want to use Sonus Cleaner first fine but you need the AIO to give a base for SG.

With SG its easier to place in a 2oz misting bottle and spray on foam pad. Wipe On/Wipe OFF. If it hazes before you get a panel done thats ok but it doesnt have to. A hour or so between coats is fine but give about 6 before waxing.