after 1 pass with bissel green machine

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/Jchetty/detailing/1.jpg

after 2nd pass with bissel green machine

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/Jchetty/detailing/2.jpg

after 3rd pass with bissel green machine

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/Jchetty/detailing/3.jpg

final pass with bissel machine

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/Jchetty/detailing/4.jpg

i do my car twice a month :chuckle: ...i was interested in seeing how clean my drivers floor mat really was :think2 So i kept going over the floormat until the bissel`s clean water was all used, and when the water was done i would switch and use new water...i used the hottest tap water available...this is the reason i want an extractor...i want to go over once and be done :woot2:

zippymbr
12-07-2005, 05:48 AM
I hear ya. I just cann`t fork out the $600+ it takes for a small one. I have to empty my tank and refill a dozen times alteast on an average car! It sure getts old after awhile.

Setec Astronomy
12-07-2005, 06:16 AM
jchetty...I think it was Anthony Orosco that recommended blowing out your mats with compressed air (I think his comment was that you will be suprised how much dirt come out that way) first as a quick way to get the loose dirt out. It`s gotta be a lot quicker than repeated extraction, presuming that it is loose and will come out. I remember taking a driver`s mat that had probably never been shampooed in 15 years or so, and giving up on vacuuming and decided to beat it against a tree in my back yard as a quick way...after about 10 minutes of that I was tired and there was still tons of dirt coming out...

Another thing I have done, if it`s a rubber backed mat, is to put it in the (basement) sink and run water over it, which you could also do in the driveway with a hose, to flush out the dirt. I think that makes for less LGCM passes.

imported_steveo3002
12-07-2005, 07:28 AM
i wash my carpet matts with a power washer in the better weather..hang em and they dry in no time

White95Max
12-07-2005, 08:24 AM
What was your process on the painted surfaces of the LGCM? :)

Setec Astronomy
12-07-2005, 08:36 AM
Oh come on, Maxy...there are no painted surfaces on an LGCM...it`s all molded plastic...he has to use a different process for that....

jchetty
12-07-2005, 08:37 AM
What was your process on the painted surfaces of the LGCM? :)

:har: :har: :har:

setec i really like the idea of blowing the mats out compressed air :bigups as for the pressure washer and hanging great that sounds good except it wouldnt do much for my seats or my main carpet :sadpace: i mean i dont mind taking time but this is ridiculous :sosad mind you i hardly used any cleaner, i`ll tell you what my carpets smell verrry good. yes i did sniff them, and the crazy thing the more times i went over the dryer the carpets felt :hm im still refining my interior process, but im thinking the same as the outside use the least agressive, least amount of product as possible..to me it looks like the hot water rinsing does more the actual cleaner but im not sure yet. when i get my extractor i will do a comparison test..no cleaner, vs cleaner vs the bissel

Setec Astronomy
12-07-2005, 08:41 AM
so j...are you going to go for a "real" extractor from PAL? They had a nice one on the floor last time I was there--I don`t remember if they had a price on it.

jchetty
12-07-2005, 08:51 AM
so j...are you going to go for a "real" extractor from PAL? They had a nice one on the floor last time I was there--I don`t remember if they had a price on it.

the only ones i saw at pal was duramaid and well from what i read, i be better off using the bissell :LOLOL i keep reading good things of the aztec extractor which has the same duramaid body but *supposedly* different guts :hm i`m really looking at the sensei from tol. its pretty expensive but i plan on doing interior details only once spring comes around..i already have like 10 ppl interested in a shampoo :getdown

Setec Astronomy
12-07-2005, 08:56 AM
The Sensei is on sale now for $1,345....how many interior details do you think you will have to do to pay that off?

jchetty
12-07-2005, 09:04 AM
The Sensei is on sale now for $1,345....how many interior details do you think you will have to do to pay that off?

i figure like 20 details $50 (<--at the lowest) a piece which imo would be a steal for the customer, it would include a shampoo....which is really alot, after winter i can see doing 2 a week. I look at the extractor as an investment, i think it would also bring me more clients as they might be interested in what else i offer, though im not sure i can offer much more due to time constraints..all i need is to do one of their floor mats to show what the water looks like, and they will be sold :grinno: if i do purchase one, i`ll bring it to the next meet :LOLOL

Setec Astronomy
12-07-2005, 09:10 AM
..all i need is to do one of their floor mats to show what the water looks like, and they will be sold :grinno:

I bought a heated LGCM at Target in the spring....and the mud it took out of my floormat

(not to mention how much brighter it looked after) sold me on the process of actually shampooing :rolleyes: ...if not that particular piece of equipment. I guess part of it depends on whether it is just dirt you are trying to get out, or something sticky (soda, etc.) that really needs heat to break it down.

jchetty
12-07-2005, 09:22 AM
I bought a heated LGCM at Target in the spring....and the mud it took out of my floormat

(not to mention how much brighter it looked after) sold me on the process of actually shampooing :rolleyes: ...if not that particular piece of equipment. I guess part of it depends on whether it is just dirt you are trying to get out, or something sticky (soda, etc.) that really needs heat to break it down.

see when i bought mine i had a :think2 ..save some money and buy the unheated version :sosad so now i have to get the water really hot, then i put it in....the bissel works good factor in the price and it works excellent..its just that im afraid of it not getting all the cleaner out due to the inadequate suction i conisider it to be designed to be operated continuosly for more than like an hour at a time, but dont get me wrong the bissel belongs in everyone`s arsenal

White95Max
12-07-2005, 09:35 AM
I might have to clean my sweatshirt when I get home. We had a guest speaker come into the lecture hall with her European starling, and it was flying around landing on peoples` heads. The last person it landed on was the guy next to me, and then it walked over to the hood of my sweatshirt and sh*t on it. :( :lol

Oh well. At least it wiped right off and didn`t leave a stain. Better to sh*t on my sweatshirt than my car right? :)

Djmigs
12-07-2005, 09:36 AM
? for you fellas....if you were to get a spray solution of your choice spray on to the carpet then use a steam cleaner then if need agitate if more solution is need spray some more then use a dry/wet vac will it do the job.....