PDA

View Full Version : Getting wax off metal on car....

druuu88
12-06-2005, 09:21 PM
I recently accidently used a QD on the metal spoiler part on the rear of my 98 4runner. I kind of forgot that the QD had some wax in it, and it left a white stain on the metal spoiler. I HOPE this will come off because it looks pretty bad... I attached some pics to show you all what i am talking about. Hopefully someone can help me out here with something to get this off..i have already tried soap, window cleaner, and things like that. I dont know what is safe to use. PLEASE someone help me here...it looks pretty bad as you can see.....

...........by the way the box is on top of the car to block the sunlight.

GlossyTundra
12-07-2005, 05:46 AM
You could try simply cleaning it with some car soap and either polishing it with some polish and a non staining wax,(ie, AIO), or just throw some armor all on it.

druuu88
12-07-2005, 08:11 AM
Would putting armor all on it hurt the metal??? Or stain it any other color??

imported_Neothin
12-07-2005, 09:21 AM
You could always try some poorboy`s trim restorer or a similar product.

druuu88
12-08-2005, 06:03 PM
Yeah i was giong to try trim restorer......but the piece is METAL not plastic. Does this matter???

imported_Neothin
12-08-2005, 10:01 PM
Well, I dunno. I guess you could try anyways and hope for the best :nixweiss I highly doubt that it would hurt the metal, it just may not take off whats on there. :think2 If all else fails, you could probably use some isopropyl alcohol on a foam applicator and take it off. ISO takes wax off paint, why wouldn`t it take wax off metal

aaron33
12-09-2005, 02:14 PM
Klasse AIO will clean it up nicely.