PDA

View Full Version : Google Earth Beta

Tasty
12-05-2005, 09:32 PM
I might be way behind the curve on this, but this program is one of the coolest things I have EVER downloaded. I just flew all over the globe in my underpants. If you don`t have it, check it out. Very, very neat.

stilez
12-05-2005, 09:34 PM
Been around for a couple of years under a different name.

I agree, very cool. For a while I was IM`ing every friend I had asking their address, taking a screen shot of their house, then sending it over :).

theeloved1
12-07-2005, 12:37 PM
Been around for a couple of years under a different name.

I agree, very cool. For a while I was IM`ing every friend I had asking their address, taking a screen shot of their house, then sending it over :).

I LOVE IT! hahahahaha..."yes, Sean, thats right, I`m watching you...I know where you live and I`ve seen where you sleep!" :nervous2:

Bill D
12-07-2005, 01:24 PM
Very cool! I revisited Jacksonville, St. Augustine, Philly, and the Jersey Shore shore from the comfort of my arm chair. I see you can get very close to experience actually driving on the streets when you angle the view!

Spilchy
12-07-2005, 01:36 PM
I read terrorists in Iraq are using it to help coordinate and plan attacks on their targets by getting detailed over head shots to aid in their preparation. It`s not so innocent.

But, I have used it to check out secctions of my town. Pretty cool.

JeffM
12-07-2005, 05:32 PM
I was just on the phone with my dad for 80 minutes with this program, its awesome !!!

He showed me where he worked in Germany like 30 years ago. Also the apartment building he was stationed at, he built a concrete cookout-patio thing, and its still there.

The translation of the forest is something like devils forest or sometihng , i think west of Berlin, anyone know the area?

Bill D
12-07-2005, 05:45 PM
Wow, say good bye to Yahoo Maps or Mapquest. Finally! Excellent directions with no screw ups! :2thumbs:

medic159
12-08-2005, 10:16 AM
...I just flew all over the globe in my underpants...

Sorry but that`s just a little too much information for me. :scared: