PDA

View Full Version : Detailing Newbie`s question about Klasse + P21S

97Boxsterian
12-05-2005, 09:20 PM
This is my first time detailing my car. I plan to use AIO, then Klasse Sealant Glaze and then P21S Carnauba Wax. Do I have to wait overnight after AIO and before Klasse SG? and do I have to wait overnight after Klasse SG before P21S? Thanks.

TGates
12-05-2005, 09:28 PM
You can go straight from AIO to SG (after having wiped the AIO off of course). If you are going to layer SG, or top it with anything, it would probably be best to wait at least 12 hours to do so, although there has been some speculation to how important this really is. Better to be on the safe side and wait until we know for sure.

97Boxsterian
12-05-2005, 10:06 PM
Agree. Thanks for your valuable opinion.

imported_Neothin
12-05-2005, 10:27 PM
I`d go for a few layers of SG before you top with P21S. That will give you a more durable combo. Also, try to apply the SG as thin as you can. SG can be a pain in the *** to remove if you don`t apply it thin enough.

TGates
12-05-2005, 11:25 PM
I`d go the other route seeing as how much of a PITA SG can be and keep a fresh coat of P21S on. I would suggest 2 layers of SG, however, if for no other reason than uniforum coverage. A continual fresh carnauba layer over 2 coats of SG will keep the SG unscathed, and your finish will be in good shape! (Unless of course we start talking about extreme conditions)

Buff-it
12-07-2005, 02:28 PM
If you are using the Klasse twins, the All in One is a cleaner and sealant and will usually clean up any buffing residue. We always put this first step on with a PC and clean off with a Microfiber towel a panel at a time. As for the SG this is put on the entire car, the thinner the better. We will let is stay on for at least 1 hour or overnite. There are different veiws on this but it takes time to crosslink and bond. Regardless of time Klasse has a tendicy to Bloom. This blooming can be quickly removed with some Quick Detailer (QD) or Final Inspection. Once blooming is addressed, P21 or S100 (both are the same product but one is $35 and the other is $ 15) can be applied. :)

3Dog
12-07-2005, 03:03 PM
You have two threads here asking the same question??

97Boxsterian
12-07-2005, 03:12 PM
Thank you all for your responses. Two threads I post are actually different. I am confusion about wait after apply OR wait after buff. I have my 2nd thread after I got my first question answered. Sorry for the confusion.