PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Souveran Wax *NEW*

Pages : [1] 2

derek37
12-05-2005, 08:25 PM
Anyone try the new LS? Any thoughts? Autogeek is blowing `em out at $10 a bottle and even though I have enough wax (nattys-both, p21s, #16,26(which hardly ever gets used), signature, american shine liquid carnuaba) i was thinking that for $10 it might be something to get. I don`t have Souveran paste and I`m not really thinking about getting any SP. Yeah I know it`s the bomb :drool: but I`m just wondering about the SL for the moment.

derek37
12-05-2005, 08:29 PM
http://www.autogeek.net/pinliqsouvwa.html

BigLouMaxSE
12-05-2005, 08:35 PM
I don`t care, i just bought two bottles, thanks for the heads up.

imported_Neothin
12-05-2005, 08:35 PM
I`ve used LS before and it isnt even near the league of the paste. I would personally pass on the offer.

BigLouMaxSE
12-05-2005, 08:36 PM
damn it....I couldn`t wait 30 seconds for the reply. Any way to get out of the order now?

I guess the question is now, will it match PS`s lesser counterparts in paste form? And will it still be a really good wax?

Sherman8r44
12-05-2005, 08:43 PM
I thought about getting it w/my last order--from what I`ve read it seems like it isn`t great at $25, but it`s bound to be better than just about any $25 wax. I know Jngnbrdmn likes it a lot--this is what he says about it on his website OCDetails.com:

Now this is some good stuff. Liquid Souveran is probably the finest liquid wax that I have ever used. I used to think that it didn’t get better than Meguiar’s Gold Class liquid wax. Then one day I got the opportunity to trade another product for a bottle of Liquid Souveran. Man, am I ever glad I made that trade. The reflections and depth that this product puts on the car is really impressive. It was one of the first products that I used that actually helped me get reflections on my white car in direct sun. Its no trick to get reflections on a black car or any other color if its in the shade, but white is just not the color to get if you want reflections. I got them with Liquid Souveran. Below is a picture of my car in direct sunlight reflecting the hose on the driveway. That may not seem too impressive, but its the first product that I have used that got me a reflection like that in direct sunlight. White usually just gets bright in the sun and doesn’t reflect anything.

I guess I’m just a sucker for those deep and wet looking cars. I know that a couple of those are in the shade and not really fair pictures, but they looked just as good in the sun. Sometimes I just can’t get the car into the light for a picture. Consider how often your car is in the shade anyway. This is a look that you are going to love on your car. It will give you wet reflections on any color.

imported_Neothin
12-05-2005, 08:49 PM
Don`t get me wrong, it`s an alright wax. But the durability is lacking and I get better results from natty`s blue and OCW which are both somewhat cheap waxes. If your dead set on using a PC for waxing, this would be a good choice for a liquid wax.

To get out of your order you might wanna email matt@autogeek.net and see if he`ll cancel the order in the morning. You could always give them a call first thing in the morning and cancel it before they process overnight orders.

BigLouMaxSE
12-05-2005, 09:00 PM
Well, I just sold a bottle to a friend of mine, so at least I don`t have two on my hands. Durability is not as much of a problem, as I will continue my KSG treatment before the Souveran. I`m sure I won`t be disappointed, and it`s gotta be better than Meg`s Gold Class which is the same price as the LS that I just bought...

And just for clarification, when you say the durability is lacking, is that compared to the Paste, or waxes in general? I can`t imagine it being less durable than OTC products at least...let`s hope.

imported_Neothin
12-05-2005, 09:09 PM
I got about a month and a half out of it. That was a garaged vehicle too that never saw water except for when it was washed (our golf cart). It`s a better wax than gold class hands down. the paint looked like it needed a reapplication but still beaded water. It degrades alot like the paste counterpart, it looks bad but still beads.

Don`t forget that once you top your not going to be able to add more layers of SG, so get all the layers your going to want on before you top.

TGates
12-05-2005, 09:35 PM
I`ve been throwin` around the idea of ordering a bottle of it. For $10, you really can`t go wrong. I read somewhere that it is geared more towards lighter colored cars than the paste (why, I`m not sure?) so I thought it might be a nice topper for my silver metallic car, but I already have enough carnauba`s for the time being.... (CMW, Natty`s Blue, Souveran Paste, Collinite 845, S100, #16).

Maybe you`ll be pleasantly surprised with it. If not, you`re only out ~$10 and liquid carnauba seems to go pretty quick, especially when it`s layerable.

holland_patrick
12-06-2005, 03:11 AM
I found it`s best on the Candy type colors. Bright RED and WRC Blue to name a few

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/medium/19431img_2326.jpg

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/medium/19431img_2328.jpg

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/medium/19431img_2330.jpg

That is LS on top of 3layers of SG

autoweenie
12-06-2005, 09:00 AM
I do like LS. Very easy to apply - and it is incredibly slick.

Good smelling too.

SpoiledMan
12-06-2005, 09:11 AM
Anyone try the new LS?

Where does the "new" part of it come in? Looks like the old stuff to me.

White95Max
12-06-2005, 10:17 AM
Well Autogeek claims that it is "extremely long lasting". With more solvents (and therefore probably a lower carnauba content) I can`t see how it would last any longer than the paste. That is, as long as it`s the same thing as the paste. If it`s got polymers added to it or something, then maybe it would.

Regardless, I have too much wax already!

brianshaeffer
12-06-2005, 11:00 AM
The Pinnacle site says it uses polymers developed for Blackfire. My experience is that it is much more durable than paste Souveran.