PDA

View Full Version : rain-x: anti fog and exterior formula

D4cmaN
12-04-2005, 07:41 PM
i have a few questions about using rain-x products on my vehicle.

1) will the rain-x interior glass anti-fog fluid damage my aftemarket window tint? *my windows are tinted inside the glass*

2) will rain-x`s original formula (exterior glass) harm my vehicle`s paint if it gets in contact with it? or the plastic/rubber ridges around my front windshield?

3) after applying the exterior rain-x formula on my rear windshield, why did my defroster lines change to purple? :confused:

thanks all

White95Max
12-04-2005, 07:46 PM
1. Check the bottle to see if it contains ammonia, or if it has any warnings against using it on window tint.

2. not sure.

3. Defroster lines are on the inside of the rear windshield. Did you apply it to the inside of the glass?

MorBid
12-04-2005, 08:09 PM
1. ^^^ What he said

2. read the label or warnings, you can check their website as well. If those fail tape off the edges prior to application

3. You got me? White95Max is right, the lines are on the inside of the glass.

Use Aquapel on the exterior glass, may cost a liitle more but lasts longer as comes with a damn fine applicatior.

D4cmaN
12-04-2005, 09:09 PM
thanks for the replies.

i checked the bottle and their website, cant seem to find the ingredients or anything with amonia on it.

i applied the rain-x exterior formula on the outside of the rear windshield, but i have no idea why it looks purple from inside the car. however, i still went ahead and applied the anti-fog on the INSIDE of my rear windshield. stupid me.

White95Max
12-04-2005, 10:38 PM
Well IMO that would suggest that there IS ammonia or some other harmful chemical in the interior formula then. If it turned your defroster lines purple, then it will probably turn window tint purple.

Dacali
12-04-2005, 10:45 PM
I know this is really late, but... I think I remember many people complaining about Rain-X`s Anti-Fog creating problems on their tinting. At least I believe it was on this forum about 2-3 years ago.

Edit: I can`t find anything about it. I guess I`m just making it up? :o

-Dacali

Lowejackson
12-05-2005, 12:23 PM
I was very unipressed with the anti fog and so I tired it on the bathroom mirror and it made no difference. YMMV of course

imported_gusbubba
12-05-2005, 12:33 PM
I`ve used the Anti-Fog , too. Didn`t care for it...didn`t seem to help much.

D4cmaN
12-05-2005, 02:15 PM
Well IMO that would suggest that there IS ammonia or some other harmful chemical in the interior formula then. If it turned your defroster lines purple, then it will probably turn window tint purple.

whats weird is that i noticed the purple lines after the rain-x exterior formula. not the interior one :think:

maybe it was a little purple and i just didnt notice it?

06E90
12-05-2005, 02:26 PM
I was very unipressed with the anti fog and so I tired it on the bathroom mirror and it made no difference. YMMV of course

Same here, it left a slight haze on my windshield so I tried it in the bathroom mirror. Did only half the mirror and it fogs less but still fogs. Not a good product. I still like the exterior formula though.

MorBid
12-05-2005, 03:23 PM
and there I was thinking I would be the only one trying it out on the bathroom mirror? With the same poor results I might add.

Wow what a small world