PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on Zaino and QEW together on black

travel4B
12-04-2005, 05:18 PM
I`m a newbie and need some advice. I`m leasing a new black 330i next week and want to make sure I do as much as possible to preserve the finish. I`m turning in a 2001 330i that was also black and the paint has suffered - my fault. But after reading tons of posts here and on bimmerfest I`ve made a oath to be a little more OCD. I ordered Zaino to use but I`m wondering if you can use QEW in between and along with Zaino. I`m in the city so no garage or driveway means QEW would be great for keeping up with washing. (Go figure - I move into town, give up my garage and turn around and lease a black car - twice!!) Can I do QEW and finish off with Z6 or Z8. I have zero experience with any of these products. Any advice on using Zaino and QEW together would really be great.

roadmaster_Tx
12-04-2005, 05:23 PM
I`m a newbie and need some advice. I`m leasing a new black 330i next week and want to make sure I do as much as possible to preserve the finish. I`m turning in a 2001 330i that was also black and the paint has suffered - my fault. But after reading tons of posts here and on bimmerfest I`ve made a oath to be a little more OCD. I ordered Zaino to use but I`m wondering if you can use QEW in between and along with Zaino. I`m in the city so no garage or driveway means QEW would be great for keeping up with washing. (Go figure - I move into town, give up my garage and turn around and lease a black car - twice!!) Can I do QEW and finish off with Z6 or Z8. I have zero experience with any of these products. Any advice on using Zaino and QEW together would really be great.

I was also wondering about the same thing. I have been using zaino for close to six months and the best advice which i can give is the same that everyone gives i.e apply a very small amt of prodcut and apply and make sure u use zfx for multiple layers. You wont be dissapointed with zaino. Let me know how you like z8

imported_flatstick
12-04-2005, 06:05 PM

Well welcome to the OCD club lol ! have been using Zaino for quite some time along with other products great products that are used by this great board. it is my go to for the winter due to the durability.once you have prepped you car with clay, Z7, a mild polish ( if need be) then go to their Z6 and do a complete wipedown.then apply Z2pro ( with either ZFX or Z1) and allow to set up. once you wipe off the first layer apply Z6 and wipe the finish down. apply another coat of Z2pro and allow it to set up ( time depends on if you are using ZFX or Z1) once you last coat is ready ,remove it and wipe down with Z6 or Z8. your car will look good but when you look at it the next day it gets even better. couple of things to take note, you will only need about an ounce of Z2pro for two coats. also go easy on the Z6 it is concentrated. now for the QEW, do a search and you will find the correct technique for using it. once you have your car sealed you can use QEW to wash in the winter. to be honest I prefer to use the Z7 in the summer as I feel the Z8 I use after washing bonds better. this is just my opinion, hope it helps you out some.

imported_Luster
12-04-2005, 06:21 PM
My Grand Prix and Firebird are both Zaino cars. I use 3M SMR, Z5, Z2 (x2) three or 4 times a year.

In between, I use many different QD`s including:

Meg`s #34

Meg`s Nxt

Z6

Z8

Mothers

Quick Shine

S&W

EO WAUD

All work fine with Zaino. No apparent impact on the Zaino product. (although the ones that contain carnuba, I generally don`t use within a week or 2 of re-applying Zaino)

QEW every week. Followed by QD spray.

Cars never looked better!!!

Intercooled
12-04-2005, 06:29 PM
I would make sure that your first application of Zaino is on virgin paint. You want the paint to be free of any oils or polishes. Z`s ZCP will prep the finish for your first application. many have used AIO as well. Once your First application of zaino had been applied then I think QEW will be fine as long as there are no harsh detergents in it. Z7 is pretty storng stuff so I dont think any QEW product mentioned here will deteriorate the Z finish.

Scottwax
12-04-2005, 10:18 PM
QEW is just fine for washing no matter what the wax or sealant is. Shouldn`t interfere with any layer applied right after washing either.

imported_flatstick
12-05-2005, 06:51 AM
QEW is just fine for washing no matter what the wax or sealant is. Shouldn`t interfere with any layer applied right after washing either.

I have used QEW with great results the past few months and am very pleased with it. if the QEW does not hinder the bonding of Z8 I will have to give it a shot in the warmer months. have been using Z6 recently after QEW and looked fine but nobody has posted any info on this subject that I knew of. have to admit that if the Z8 will bond well after QEW, I may have to put away my hose all year long :think2 . does anybody have a take on if the new Optimum wash is as compatible with QD`S as QEW ? since the Optimum wash has QD in it I would think there would not even be a need for a QD used after washing.Scottwax, as always look forward to your information. your testing of products has benefited everybody here.