PDA

View Full Version : GEM products

Alfisti
12-04-2005, 06:17 AM
Has anyone had experience with these products: http://www.gem-industries.com/chemicals.php

This sounds interesting:

Formula AT-5

GEM`s exclusive Acrylic/P.T.F.E sealant is legendary in the industry for long lasting protection and high gloss shine. As an acrylic, Formula AT-5 bonds with the clearcoat surface, virtually forming another protective layer. Lab tested to remain on the vehicle for up to five years.

Many are looking for new and exciting Acrylic sealants.

psl car wash
12-05-2005, 03:04 PM
i have used it, it is a very good teflon product.

as for 5 year protection.....HAHAHA NOTHING will last 5 YRS.

VERY hard to work with.....must apply it to one panel at a time and remove quickly.....on a COOL car....dont EVER apply to a hot vehicle.

i also own 2 of there orbitals.....they are the only manufacture of QUALITY orbitals..................

lemmie know what u think of this product if you buy it.

AT-5 ....they used to have one called AT-10 also if im not mistaking....ill look into that for you.....(cant remember the difference though)

Scottwax
12-05-2005, 09:46 PM
Many are looking for new and exciting Acrylic sealants.

Eh...not when they perpetuate the PTFE myth with regards to waxes or sealants. :nixweiss

Alfisti
12-08-2005, 01:49 AM
I was more interested in the Acrylic aspect rather than the PTFE.

I just ignore any PTFE claims, even if it helps in application. The product may still be a decent sealant. :nixweiss

heath
09-14-2007, 09:10 PM
I have used this product once, the customer was extremely happy with the results when I checked back with them a couple weeks later. I had no problem applying it at all, I used a hand applicator and even applied it to the windows, headlights, tail lights. The care was shining nice when I returned it. I have not tried it again, I do plan on using a orbital next time. :waxing:

If any of you have any similar products that you think are better I would like to know as long as they are not ridiculously expensive.